Particle moving along path, change of angle of inclination

In summary: I apologize for my earlier post. I should have realized that the content was not readable and instead asked for clarification. I will make sure to do so in the future. Thank you for pointing this out.
Unicow

Homework Statement

upload_2017-7-16_22-57-30.png

Homework Equations

Equation given in question.

The Attempt at a Solution

The only thing I could think of was to try changing the y=3x^3 into polar coordinates but I didn't know where to go from there... Could I get some direction to how I should go about this, I'm sort of stumped as to how I should start this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Unicow said:

Homework Statement

View attachment 207313

Homework Equations

Equation given in question.

The Attempt at a Solution

The only thing I could think of was to try changing the y=3x^3 into polar coordinates but I didn't know where to go from there... Could I get some direction to how I should go about this, I'm sort of stumped as to how I should start this.

Your "question" is unreadable. You should take the trouble to actually type it out here; many helpers would not look at posted images, even if they were readable.

Unicow said:
how I should go about this,
You are given a hint to use curvature. Have you been taught any equations relating to that? See "curvature of a graph" at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curvature.
Or, from first principles, you know ##\theta=\arctan (dy/dx)##. You could find how fast that changes as x changes and divide by how fast distance along the curve changes as x changes.

Ray Vickson said:
Your "question" is unreadable.
I agree.

Related to Particle moving along path, change of angle of inclination

1. What is a particle moving along a path?

A particle moving along a path refers to the motion of a single point or object as it travels through space along a specific trajectory or route.

2. What is the angle of inclination?

The angle of inclination is the angle between the path of the particle and the horizontal plane. It indicates the steepness of the path or how much the particle is inclined from the horizontal.

3. How does the angle of inclination change?

The angle of inclination can change due to various factors such as forces acting on the particle, changes in the path or trajectory, and interactions with other particles or objects in the path.

4. What is the significance of studying the change of angle of inclination?

Studying the change of angle of inclination can help us understand the motion of the particle and its interactions with its surroundings. It can also provide insights into the forces and factors that affect the particle's motion.

5. How is the change of angle of inclination calculated?

The change of angle of inclination can be calculated using trigonometric functions such as sine, cosine, and tangent. It can also be calculated using vectors and principles of motion such as velocity and acceleration.