Partial fraction of this expression?

In summary, a partial fraction is a mathematical technique used to break down a rational function into simpler, smaller fractions. It is used to simplify complex expressions and make them easier to work with. To find the partial fraction of an expression, the denominator is factored and a system of equations is set up to solve for unknown coefficients. There are two types of partial fractions: proper and improper. They can be applied in various real-world applications, such as engineering, physics, and economics.
tinhnho
hi everyone

i have a proplem with this excercise:
f(t)= (t+1)/(t^2 + 8t + 16)
Here what i started:

(t+1)/(t^2 + 8t + 16) = (t+1)/(t+4)^2

(t+1)/(t+4)^2 = K1/(t+4) + K2/(t+4)^2

i am stuck from here, anyone please help me, thanks first

Physics news on Phys.org
What are you trying to do??
Put this
[tex] \frac{t+1}{(t+4)^{2}} [/tex]

under this form:
[tex] \frac{A}{t+4}+\frac{B}{(t+4)^{2}} [/tex]

??

How about writing
[tex] t+1=t+4-3 [/tex]

??

Daniel.

thanks, i got it

Related to Partial fraction of this expression?

What is a partial fraction?

A partial fraction is a mathematical technique used to break down a rational function into simpler, smaller fractions. It is useful in solving integration problems and simplifying complex expressions.

Why do we use partial fractions?

We use partial fractions to simplify complex expressions and make them easier to work with. This technique allows us to break down a single, complicated fraction into smaller, more manageable fractions.

How do you find the partial fraction of an expression?

To find the partial fraction of an expression, we first factor the denominator into linear and irreducible quadratic factors. Then, we set up a system of equations and solve for the unknown coefficients using algebraic techniques.

What are the types of partial fractions?

There are two types of partial fractions: proper and improper. A proper partial fraction has a degree of the numerator less than the degree of the denominator, while an improper partial fraction has a degree of the numerator greater than or equal to the degree of the denominator.

Can partial fractions be used in real-world applications?

Yes, partial fractions can be used in various real-world applications such as engineering, physics, and economics. It is particularly useful in solving differential equations and in circuit analysis.