Partial derivative equation problem

In summary, The conversation discusses an equation that needs to be solved and the solution can be found in a second pdf file. The person is having trouble understanding the procedure and asks for help. They mention thinking about partial derivatives and using integration, but are unsure since they have not been taught how to solve nonlinear differential equations. It is then clarified that the equation is not nonlinear, but linear, and the person plans to try different methods before asking for further assistance.
RenOdur
well i have been trying to solve this equation and i just can't...
the solution is given and it's at the second pdf file but i can't understand the procedure can somebody please help?

Attachments

• equation.pdf
    189 KB · Views: 242
  • solution.pdf
    184.6 KB · Views: 254
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you done any calculations at all yet as an attempt? What do you think you should do? :smile:

Hint: Think about what you know about partial derivatives, and also how you could get those equations into the forms required to help obtain the answers. :wink:

well i initially thought about integration...but really i have no clue about it since i haven't be teached yet how to solve nonlinear differential equations(at least that's what I think this equation is,correct me if I'm wrong)

No, that is not a non-linear partial differential equation. Why would you think it is non-linear?

ok so it's a linear partial differential equation...i'll try some ways out and if I still can't solve it i'll let you know:)

Related to Partial derivative equation problem

What is a partial derivative equation?

A partial derivative equation is an equation that represents the rate of change of a function with respect to one of its variables, while holding the other variables constant. It is used in multivariable calculus to analyze and model complex systems and functions.

How is a partial derivative equation different from a regular derivative equation?

A partial derivative equation involves taking the derivative of a function with respect to one variable, while holding all other variables constant. In contrast, a regular derivative equation involves taking the derivative of a function with respect to one variable only.

What is the purpose of solving a partial derivative equation?

The purpose of solving a partial derivative equation is to find the rate of change of a function with respect to a specific variable. This can help in analyzing the behavior of a system or function and making predictions about future values based on current conditions.

What are the applications of partial derivative equations in science?

Partial derivative equations have many applications in science, including physics, engineering, economics, and biology. They can be used to model and analyze complex systems and phenomena, such as fluid flow, heat transfer, population dynamics, and financial markets.

How do I solve a partial derivative equation?

To solve a partial derivative equation, you will need to use techniques from multivariable calculus, such as the chain rule and product rule. You will also need to use your knowledge of algebra and calculus to manipulate the equation and find the desired derivative. Practice and familiarity with these techniques will help in solving partial derivative equations effectively.