Parallel or inline for most cfm

In summary, the conversation discusses building a blower system with 4 parallel motors for a livestock blow dryer. The question is whether it would be more effective to have the motors dump into a funnel or y piping, and at what pressure the blower generates 122 CFM. The expert suggests that for centrifugal pumps/blowers in parallel, the flows add at a particular pump head, assuming a duct system with twice the size. They also mention the possibility of length of pipe affecting the system's effectiveness, as well as the goal of building a more cost-effective system than the one currently available for purchase.
sack98
I'm building a blower system with 4, 5.7 inch thu-flow motors they are 122 cfm @ 2" orfice with 2 stage blower. When I build the system will they have more cfm building the system with 4 parallel motors dumping into a funnel or y piping 2 inline systems?

Engineering news on Phys.org
For centrifugal pumps/blowers in parallel, the flows add at a particular pump head (discharge pressure). For example, if each blower is rated 122 scfm at 20 inwc, the combined head of four in parallel would be 488 scfm @ 20 inwc.

...and that assumes a duct system with twice the size.

Sorry this will be to build pressure out going port is 2 inch

At what pressure does the blower generate 122CFM?

Ok what I am building is a livestock blow dryer they want a little over a grand to buy it I think i can build it for half that. So its basically 4 5.7 inch thru flow motor(industrial vacuum motors reversed) necked down to a 2 inch pipe. current setups are 2 inline motors funneled to a 1.5 inch pipe that are connected to a y pipe that is 2 inch out let. I could build this but if I am going to build it I was wanting to try to improve it I was thinking 4 parellel motors funneling to 1.5 inch pipe then those 4 dumping into maybe a 4 inch funnel that goes to 2 inch. don't know if it would help or just a waste of a lot of time. also one other question will length of pipe matter much or not It has to be portable so the closer together I can keep everything the better.

Related to Parallel or inline for most cfm

1. What is the difference between parallel and inline for most cfm?

Parallel and inline refer to two different types of fan configurations. In a parallel system, two or more fans are connected in parallel to increase the overall airflow. In an inline system, the fans are connected in a series, resulting in a higher static pressure but lower airflow.

2. Which type of fan configuration is best for maximizing cfm?

In general, a parallel fan configuration will provide the highest cfm (cubic feet per minute) airflow. However, the specific needs of your system should be taken into consideration when choosing the best fan configuration.

3. What factors should be considered when deciding between parallel and inline for most cfm?

The main factors to consider are the desired airflow, static pressure, and available space for the fan installation. Parallel configurations are better for high airflow needs, while inline configurations are better for high static pressure needs.

4. Can parallel and inline fan configurations be used together?

Yes, it is possible to use both parallel and inline fan configurations in the same system. This can be beneficial for balancing airflow and static pressure needs in different areas of the system.

5. How do I determine the most suitable fan configuration for my specific system?

It is best to consult with a professional or use a fan selection tool to determine the most suitable fan configuration for your specific system. Factors such as the size of the space, desired airflow, and static pressure requirements will need to be taken into account.