Pandora - Cool Internet Radio: Create Your Own Stations

In summary, pandora.com is a free internet radio service where users can create personalized "stations" based on their chosen artist or song. The website uses various criteria, such as tempo and rhythm, to find similar songs and learns the user's preferences through song ratings. Other similar websites include grooveshark.com, imeem.com, and chumfm.com.
Ghost803
Check out pandora.com.

It's an internet radio thing, free. It let's you create your own "stations" When you first make it, you have to choose an artist or song, and then the website automatically finds similar songs based on tempo, rhythms, etc... it uses a lot of criteria. And based on how you rate the songs, the station knows what kind of songs to look for in the future.

Physics news on Phys.org
i love imeem.. as it will automatically play related songs you like.

Related to Pandora - Cool Internet Radio: Create Your Own Stations

1. How does Pandora create personalized radio stations?

Pandora uses a music genome project to analyze the characteristics of a song and categorize it based on various attributes such as melody, harmony, and instrumentation. This data is then used to create personalized radio stations based on the user's preferences and listening history.

2. Can I create multiple personalized stations on Pandora?

Yes, you can create multiple stations on Pandora based on different artists, genres, or moods. The more stations you create, the more variety you will have in your listening experience.

3. Is Pandora free to use?

Yes, Pandora offers a free version with advertisements. However, they also offer a premium subscription service called Pandora Plus, which removes ads and allows for unlimited skips and offline listening.

4. Can I share my Pandora stations with friends?

Yes, you can share your Pandora stations with friends through social media or by sending them a link. Your friends can then listen to your stations and give feedback, which can help improve your personalized radio experience.

5. Does Pandora have a limited music selection?

No, Pandora has a vast music library with millions of songs from various artists and genres. However, the songs played on your personalized stations will be based on your preferences and may not include every song in their library.