Panasonic Inverter CN701: Find Sensors to Control Terminals 1-3

• Thread starter Tony Simpson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Microwave
You can't use a different input as these are for "data."In summary, the conversation is about the Panasonic inverter and its control panel, specifically the CN701 terminal with three numbered terminals. The diagram shows that terminals 1 and 3 have a voltage of 2-3v while terminal 2 has a voltage of 0v. The person is looking for sensors to control these points and asks if they can use a different input, to which they are told that these terminals are specifically for data and cannot be substituted.
Tony Simpson
I have a Panasonic inverter, I understand it needs some sort of input to, CN701, three terminals numbered 1-2 & 3.

On the diagram DPC-CN701 shows 2-3v on 1 & 3 & 0v on 2.

Where can I get the sensors to control these points, I have been told that terminal 1 switches on the unit after initial warm up, can I use a different input?

Thanks hopefully

Diagram attached

Attachments

• HV_Inverter_Schematic.jpg
    HV_Inverter_Schematic.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 502
Engineering news on Phys.org
Tony Simpson said:
I have a Panasonic inverter, I understand it needs some sort of input to, CN701, three terminals numbered 1-2 & 3.

On the diagram DPC-CN701 shows 2-3v on 1 & 3 & 0v on 2.

Where can I get the sensors to control these points, I have been told that terminal 1 switches on the unit after initial warm up, can I use a different input?

Thanks hopefully

Diagram attached

Those are the "data" connections to the control panel. It's not clear how sophisticated it is - actual data back and forth with some type of microcontroller or just some type of PWM back and forth.

Related to Panasonic Inverter CN701: Find Sensors to Control Terminals 1-3

What is the purpose of the Panasonic Inverter CN701?

The Panasonic Inverter CN701 is a device used for controlling the power output of a motor, specifically for air conditioning units. It is designed to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy costs.

What does the "Inverter" feature mean in the name of this product?

The "Inverter" feature means that the device can vary the power output to the motor, allowing it to run at different speeds and adjust to the cooling needs of the room. This helps to save energy and maintain a more consistent temperature.

What are the sensors used for in this device?

The sensors in the Panasonic Inverter CN701 are used to detect the temperature and humidity in the air conditioning unit, as well as the position of the air flaps. This information is then used to adjust the power output of the motor and control the temperature and air flow in the room.

How does the device control terminals 1-3?

The device uses the sensors to monitor the temperature and humidity in the room and then sends signals to the terminals 1-3 to adjust the power output of the motor. This allows for precise control over the temperature and air flow in the room.

What are the benefits of using the Panasonic Inverter CN701?

Using the Panasonic Inverter CN701 can lead to significant energy savings and a more comfortable and consistent indoor environment. It also has a longer lifespan compared to traditional air conditioning units, as the motor does not have to constantly turn on and off at full power.