Outlook contacts not showing as address book

• Thread starter PaulDNNS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, there can be multiple reasons why Outlook contacts may not appear in the address book. This could be due to the contacts folder not being marked as an address book, the address book being disabled or hidden, a corrupted Outlook profile, or a software issue. To fix this, you can check if the contacts folder is marked as an address book, restart Outlook in safe mode, or create a new Outlook profile. If only some contacts are missing, it could be because they are not marked as electronic contacts. To enable a disabled or hidden address book, you can go to the "File" menu and select "Options", then go to the "Contacts" tab and click on the "Address Book" button. If contacts have been accidentally
PaulDNNS
Just did a repair, and upgrade on outlook to 2007. The problem now is that the contacts are there, but when I go to create a new mail item, and click the address book, nothing is showing. How do I get these to show as the address book?

Thank you...

Computer science news on Phys.org
This looks like a setup for spam.

Thread closed.

Related to Outlook contacts not showing as address book

What causes Outlook contacts to not show as address book?

There can be several reasons for this issue. One common cause is that the contacts folder may not be marked as an address book. Another possibility is that the address book may be disabled or hidden. It could also be due to a corrupted Outlook profile or a software glitch.

How can I fix the issue of Outlook contacts not showing as address book?

The first step is to check if the contacts folder is marked as an address book. To do this, right-click on the contacts folder and select "Properties". Then, go to the "Outlook Address Book" tab and make sure the option "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is checked. If it's already checked, try disabling and re-enabling it. If that doesn't work, try restarting Outlook in safe mode or creating a new Outlook profile.

Why are only some of my Outlook contacts showing in the address book?

If only a few contacts are missing, it could be because they are not marked as electronic contacts. To check this, open the contact's details and make sure their email address is entered in the "E-mail" field. If it's not, enter the email address and save the contact. If all contacts are missing, it could be due to a disabled or hidden address book.

How can I enable a disabled or hidden address book in Outlook?

To enable a disabled address book, go to the "File" menu and select "Options". Then, go to the "Contacts" tab and click on the "Address Book" button. In the "Address Book" window, click on "Tools" and select "Options". From there, you can enable the address book that is not showing up. If it's hidden, you can unhide it by going to the "View" tab and checking the box next to "Show as Address Book".

Is there a way to recover lost Outlook contacts that are not showing in the address book?

If you have accidentally deleted or lost any contacts, you may be able to recover them by going to the "Deleted Items" folder or using the "Recover Deleted Items" feature in Outlook. If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your contacts from a backup or use third-party recovery software. It's always recommended to regularly backup your Outlook data to prevent loss of important information.