Remembering PF veterans of old

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, we lost major players upon converting to PF3 and leaders and outstanding scholars did not reestablish their PF memberships. Alexander.
Loren Booda
What major players did we lose upon converting to PF3? What leaders and outstanding scholars did not reestablish their PF memberships?

Physics news on Phys.org
Alexander.

Did anyone say Gino?

For the meantime we lost David, Stephen, Theorywizard, Chris, LakemountD, GNUs NOT UNIX... thinking

We lost CPU, remember him, oh and JamesBell.

i don't see why changing the look of PF would deter others from posting as it is the same web address...

Difficult to make that link above work. I found my answer;

Google takes a snapshot of each page examined as it crawls the web and caches these as a back-up in case the original page is unavailable. If you click on the "Cached" link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. The cached content is the content Google uses to judge whether this page is a relevant match for your query.

When the cached page is displayed, it will have a header at the top which serves as a reminder that this is not necessarily the most recent version of the page. Terms that match your query are highlighted on the cached version to make it easier for you to see why your page is relevant.

The "Cached" link will be missing for sites that have not been indexed, as well as for sites whose owners have requested we not cache their content.

Taken from; http://www.google.com/help/features.html#cached

*Cringe* It has futurists post on it... that could keep some potential new users away :wink:

Wow... There is Zero arguing in favour of the Bible, futurist arguing (vaguely) against it... And yet Zero has over 5000 posts, putting this cache as pretty recent.

Wait, is this a parallel universe or something?

Originally posted by Nicool003
*Cringe* It has futurists post on it... that could keep some potential new users away :wink:
Scary stuff...

Hey you know what's fun? Research your current name and old name on google. I have to check and see if the links from my old name still work now, I doubt they do.

Haha! Yeah that's us. maybe= ebyam. A lesson I will never forget:wink: Can you tell me how you got that to work? It owuld not work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teehehe,
It's kinda errie somehow, like a spirit world for departed forums.

who is this legendary ranting futarist person?

and why are his posts scary?

what ever happened to him?

Originally posted by Entropia
who is this legendary ranting futarist person?

and why are his posts scary?

what ever happened to him?
I gained an understanding that he was/is a True Believer. What in particular might be believed at any given time is secondary.

hehe, that was me! That was me!

Futurist was from Malaysia I think. He has a website out there...but since we don't have his profile anymore I guess, it may be hard to find. (do a search for futurist, you never know...)

Anyway, yeah, he started off questioning Christianity a lot, and over time started to avidly defend it. The transition was scary, and his arguments for it were terrible.

I do recall a great post where he had something to do with claiming how my name was sacriligious, and so I should be banned.. Or maybe that was..who was that other guy...the one with the powers of light 'theory'?
Ohhh..he was the real classic... Where did he go? (Someone give me his name.)

https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=222 has signed up again. He has only posted twice though...

Barry C. Somethingorother...

?

AH HA!
ssivakami
Hyper Wave

India
5180 Posts Posted - 01/15/2002 : 08:30:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Barry C. Detwiler:
It's like the old one about the monkeys and the typewriters -- that they would type out the complete works of Shakespear if given enough time -- Just a few things wrong with this picture...

Another classic misconception. Evolution is NOT comparable to the monkey and typewriter fable.
It is NOT totally random at all.

Evolution is a combination of random mutations and NON-RANDOM natural selection.

And both macro evolution and microevolution are based on the same thing. They are not 2 independent phenomena. You can't subscribe to one and not the other.

- Sivakami.

We are a scientific civilization. That means a civilization in which knowledge and its integrity are crucial.
Science is only a latin word for knowledge ... Knowledge is our destiny.
- Jacob Bronowski.

Alert Mentor
from

www.physicsforums.com/topic.asp%3Fwhichpage%3D6%26TOPIC_ID%3D572++site:www.physicsforums.com+physics+forums+%2B+barry&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]Cached post[/URL]

Futurist's shifting strong faith was not the problem. The fact that he would start flinging major insults out of the blue was the problem. He was always polite in the astronomy forum, but he didn't make many friends in the religion forum.

From PF2:
Futurist
Donde

From PF: Way back in the day
Feztaa
Scandium
Barry C. Detwiller a.k.a Powers of Light

There are others, my mind has drawn a blank... Wow. PF Version 1, that seems like so long ago...

Dav2008
Cory
libshoppe
joaoninhio
Eugenio Tait
Bettaboy88
MacCoder
haynpark <--- really miss this member
regina_felis
TonyTiger
Tornado
tribdog
DStahl
Edmund Wellington
SkazMAO
Elledan
flamethrower
daveshearth
picklehead

So many... maybe some are under different names now?

Originally posted by Another God
Barry C. Somethingorother...

?

Detwiler. And--believe it or not--he was a PF Mentor once.

And--believe it or not--he was a PF Mentor once.

Shoot, I thought for sure that fact was buried in the sands of time :wink:

Scandium was a mentor too for that matter. Those were in the young and nieve days of PF.

Yeah when Scandium came back in PF2 I was shocked because I read quite a few threads in PF 1 and noticed he was a mentor...did he just not come back for the PF 2.0?

'Zander's back

Talk of his departure seems to have been greatly exagerated...

I see Alexander is now a member, and something tells me this is Alex of old. Good times are back again

Welcome back Alexander!

What about Morp the hater of quantum mechanics. Where is he?

Does anyone mind if I try to get Donde back? Strange as it may seem, I may never have joined PF if it were not for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Ben-CS
Does anyone mind if I try to get Donde back?

Yes.

Donde is only fun with Seven.

What ever happened to sivakami? i enjoyed reading her posts.

Originally posted by Entropia
What ever happened to sivakami? i enjoyed reading her posts.

She is Siv now.

Yes, I know.

But, I havn't seen her post nearly as much as she used to.

<h2>1. Who are the PF veterans of old?</h2><p>The PF veterans of old refer to the former members of the People's Front, a political party that was active in the early 20th century. They were known for their activism and contributions to social and political causes.</p><h2>2. Why is it important to remember PF veterans of old?</h2><p>Remembering PF veterans of old is important because they played a significant role in shaping history and fighting for social justice. Their contributions should not be forgotten and can serve as inspiration for future generations.</p><h2>3. How can we honor the PF veterans of old?</h2><p>There are several ways to honor the PF veterans of old, such as erecting memorials or plaques in their honor, organizing commemorative events or ceremonies, and preserving their stories and legacies through historical documentation.</p><h2>4. What impact did the PF veterans of old have on society?</h2><p>The PF veterans of old had a significant impact on society, as they were instrumental in advocating for workers' rights, women's rights, and other social causes. They also played a crucial role in the fight against colonialism and oppression.</p><h2>5. How can we ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten?</h2><p>We can ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten by educating future generations about their contributions, preserving historical records and artifacts related to their activism, and continuing to advocate for the causes they fought for.</p>

1. Who are the PF veterans of old?

The PF veterans of old refer to the former members of the People's Front, a political party that was active in the early 20th century. They were known for their activism and contributions to social and political causes.

2. Why is it important to remember PF veterans of old?

Remembering PF veterans of old is important because they played a significant role in shaping history and fighting for social justice. Their contributions should not be forgotten and can serve as inspiration for future generations.

3. How can we honor the PF veterans of old?

There are several ways to honor the PF veterans of old, such as erecting memorials or plaques in their honor, organizing commemorative events or ceremonies, and preserving their stories and legacies through historical documentation.

4. What impact did the PF veterans of old have on society?

The PF veterans of old had a significant impact on society, as they were instrumental in advocating for workers' rights, women's rights, and other social causes. They also played a crucial role in the fight against colonialism and oppression.

5. How can we ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten?

We can ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten by educating future generations about their contributions, preserving historical records and artifacts related to their activism, and continuing to advocate for the causes they fought for.