Oops Error Occured, trying to log-in

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, there are issues with the new cache system and users are experiencing trouble with logging in and posting. The suggestion is to click "Keep Me Logged In" and a significant update is that the issue seems to be resolved after following this instruction.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Trying to log-in, "Oops! Error Occured; refresh page and try later"

Still the same after following instructions, but although main page not showing as "logged in", any other page does show I'm logged-in and I can write a post.

Physics news on Phys.org
We're configuring a new cache system. There are some issues we are working through, thanks for reporting this. Please report any further issues.

In the meantime, make sure you click "Keep Me Logged In". That will fix this issue for now.

Still having trouble, and MORE of it. After log in, not able to post response or reply to ANY topic and more "Oops...".

I will try the "stay logged-in" to see how this goes.

--
As instructed in post #3, seems to be working.Give us any significant updates about this change.

symbolipoint said:
Still having trouble, and MORE of it. After log in, not able to post response or reply to ANY topic and more "Oops...".

I will try the "stay logged-in" to see how this goes.

--
As instructed in post #3, seems to be working.Give us any significant updates about this change.

Where can I click "Keep Me Logged In"?

Periwinkle said:
Where can I click "Keep Me Logged In"?

Likes Periwinkle

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Oops Error Occured, trying to log-in

1. What does "Oops Error Occured, trying to log-in" mean?

This message indicates that there was an unexpected problem while attempting to log in to a system or account. It could be due to a technical issue or an incorrect login attempt.

2. Why am I seeing this error when I try to log in?

There could be several reasons for this error, such as a server issue, a problem with your internet connection, or incorrect login credentials. It is best to check your internet connection and double-check your login information to ensure it is correct.

3. How can I fix this error and log in successfully?

First, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, try using a different browser or device to log in. If the problem persists, contact the website or system administrator for further assistance.

4. Is my account compromised if I see this error?

Not necessarily. This error could occur due to a variety of reasons, and it does not necessarily mean that your account has been compromised. However, if you suspect that your account has been hacked, it is best to change your password immediately and enable any additional security measures available.

5. Can I prevent this error from happening in the future?

Unfortunately, errors can occur unexpectedly, and it is not always possible to prevent them. However, you can reduce the chances of encountering this error by ensuring that you have a stable internet connection and using correct login information. It is also a good idea to regularly update your passwords and enable any available security features for your account.