Online education degree - what do you think of it?

In summary, the conversation discusses the pros and cons of attending college online versus a traditional college. The speakers share their personal experiences with online distance learning and suggest researching online college reviews to determine the quality of education. They also mention the importance of balancing online and traditional courses for a well-rounded education. Overall, the conversation encourages careful consideration and research before making a decision on attending college online.
Pariss
Hi,

I'm thinking of attending college online but i have no idea where to start? Does any of you have experience with online distance learning? What should i expect? Is it any good or I should just go to a traditional college.

Physics news on Phys.org
my gut has always said no, so I've never even bothered investigating the credibility.

Then I wonder how many employers feel the same way I do and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

For your undergrad degree, I say go the traditional route.

I think it's fine to do undergraduate work online, but not all the credits. For example, I have a business diploma and I took an online course to help finish it.

I wouldn't substitute all my real courses for online courses.

I will most likely be getting a Bachelor's of Commerce degree from an online school, but that's after completing a B. Sc. and two years of business school. I only need a few courses to get the degree now.

Hi, I don't know what your schedule is or the reason behind why you want to study online and not go to a traditional college. One way you can know if it's any good is by looking at what other students taking online classes have experienced. By reading online college reviews written by other online students can help you decide.

All the best.

Related to Online education degree - what do you think of it?

1. What is the benefit of getting an online education degree?

Online education degrees offer a flexible and convenient way for individuals to pursue higher education while balancing other responsibilities such as work or family. It also allows for access to a wide range of programs and courses from accredited institutions, without the limitations of location.

2. Are online education degrees considered as legitimate as traditional degrees?

Yes, as long as the online institution is accredited and recognized by the appropriate governing bodies. Employers and graduate schools increasingly view online degrees as equal to traditional degrees, as the curriculum and standards are often the same.

3. Can an online education degree provide the same quality of education as a traditional degree?

Yes, online education degrees can provide the same quality of education as traditional degrees. Online programs often use the same curriculum and materials as traditional programs, and the instructors are often the same as well. Additionally, many online programs offer interactive and engaging learning experiences.

4. Is online education more or less expensive than traditional education?

The cost of online education can vary depending on the institution and program. However, in general, online education tends to be more affordable as it eliminates the costs of commuting, living on campus, and other expenses associated with traditional education.

5. Are there any limitations to what type of degree can be earned through online education?

Online education offers a wide range of degrees and programs, from certificates to doctoral degrees. However, some degrees that require hands-on training or laboratory work may not be available entirely online. It is important to research the specific program to determine if it is suitable for online learning.