Off the top of your head can someone name a pic micro....

In summary, the person is looking for a 10 bit ADC, Ethernet and open TCP stack for a microcontroller that is USB programmable. They are considering a Raspberry PI or Arduino, but are concerned about the price and feasibility of purchasing all of these items.
thankz
off the top of your head can someone name a pic micro that has a adc, Ethernet and open tcp stack available for it. preferably in dip package, 40 pin is all my programmer can handle.

I figure I should do something with my time so why not get started on my aquarium project.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I only have a pic programmer, no jtag or anything like that.

that site wasn't quite what I was looking for but thanks anyway.

does someone have a recent issue of circuit cellar or elecktor that has a small dev board with usb programmable flash mcu, Ethernet and a adc, an open tcp stack and free c compiler, maybe I'm asking too much but it ain't like it's pie in the sky, if it's usb programmable it prob has a bootloader already on it. i'll get a pcb made but don't have the tools to soldar a soc outline chip.

I really don't want to buy a tcp stack, compiler and a bunch of books to figure out how to use it, someone got a simpler solution? plus I'm poor, I can only spend at most $200 on this total.

I went back to that site you suggested and saw this unfurtunitly it's discontinued:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/7830
10 bit adc will give 1024 levels of resolution and that should be fine, it has 9 I/o pins and I guess I can extend that with a bcd mux but the bad part is I have to buy another programmer. I guess all of this is a moot point since they no longer make it.

I just sent off an email to microchip asking for all docs and software for this chip as well as the pickit 3 programmer hopefully the still have this stuff on cd.

Related to Off the top of your head can someone name a pic micro....

What is a PIC microcontroller?

A PIC (Peripheral Interface Controller) microcontroller is a small electronic device that contains a processing unit, memory, and input/output pins, all on a single chip. It is commonly used in electronic devices for controlling various functions.

What are some popular PIC microcontrollers?

Some popular PIC microcontrollers include the PIC16, PIC18, and PIC32 series. These microcontrollers have different features and capabilities, allowing them to be used in a variety of applications.

How does a PIC microcontroller work?

A PIC microcontroller works by receiving input signals from sensors or other devices, processing the information, and then producing output signals to control other components. It follows a set of instructions stored in its memory to perform these tasks.

What are the advantages of using a PIC microcontroller?

There are several advantages of using a PIC microcontroller, including its small size, low cost, and low power consumption. It also has a wide range of built-in features and can be easily programmed using various programming languages.

What are some common applications of PIC microcontrollers?

PIC microcontrollers are used in a wide range of applications, including consumer electronics, industrial control systems, medical devices, and automotive systems. They are also commonly used in DIY projects and prototyping due to their versatility and accessibility.