(ODE45) problem of solving laser rate equation

In summary, the conversation is about simulating the reference's passive Q switch process using ODE45. However, the results do not match those in the reference. A detailed description of the problem is included in a .doc file, along with the reference and MATLAB files. The speaker asks for help in solving the issue and provides their contact email. They also mention changing the file format for accessibility.
tianyihitedu
I want to simulate the reference’s passive Q switch process. The reference is
Shengzhi Zhao, Lei Chen, Hongming Zhao, Guiqiu Li, Lu Zhang, Kejian Yang. Laser–diode-pumped passively Q-switched Nd3+:NaY(WO4)2 laser with GaAs saturable absorber. Optics & Laser Technology 37 (2005) 187–191.
I used ODE45 to solve this problem, but the result was not agreed with the reference.I have described the problem in a .doc file in detail. Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

The reference, MATLAB script file and function were also included in the attached files.

Attachments

• problem of solving laser rate equation.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 469
  • Laser–diode-pumped passively Q-switched Nd3+NaY(WO4)2 laser with GaAs saturable absorber .pdf
    193.1 KB · Views: 693
  • Matlab script.zip
    1 KB · Views: 388
Physics news on Phys.org
Somebody can not open this .doc file, so I changed this file again. The file is attached.

Attachments

• problem of solving laser rate equation.doc
    204.5 KB · Views: 437

Related to (ODE45) problem of solving laser rate equation

1. What is the ODE45 method for solving laser rate equations?

The ODE45 method is a numerical integration technique used to solve ordinary differential equations (ODEs). It is specifically designed for stiff ODEs, such as the laser rate equation, which involves a rapid change in the dependent variable over a small interval of the independent variable.

2. How does the ODE45 method work?

The ODE45 method uses a combination of a fifth-order and a fourth-order Runge-Kutta method to solve the ODE. It starts by taking a small time step and calculating the approximate solution using the fourth-order method. Then, it takes a larger time step and uses the fifth-order method to calculate a more accurate solution. It continues this process, adjusting the time step as needed, until the entire solution is obtained.

3. What are the advantages of using the ODE45 method for solving laser rate equations?

The ODE45 method is highly accurate and efficient for solving stiff ODEs. It also has the ability to automatically adjust the time step, making it suitable for a wide range of problems. Additionally, it is a built-in function in many programming languages, making it easily accessible for scientists and researchers.

4. Are there any limitations to using the ODE45 method?

The ODE45 method may not be suitable for non-stiff ODEs, as it may take longer to reach a solution due to the smaller time steps used. It also requires the initial conditions and equations to be well-defined and continuous, which may not always be the case for complex systems.

5. Can the ODE45 method be used for other types of equations?

Yes, the ODE45 method can be used to solve a variety of ODEs, including chemical reactions, population dynamics, and mechanical systems. However, it is most commonly used for solving stiff ODEs, such as the laser rate equation, due to its high accuracy and efficiency for this type of problem.