Observation re PF philosophy forum changes and content

• Thread starter ThomasT
  • Start date
In summary: but I am glad there is a place to shunt philosophical discussions as they pop up, just as I am glad that political discussions also have a place to go.I do enjoy arbitrary and random topics of discussion, which is why I come to GD more than any other place on the web. I strongly dislike 90% of all philosophical and political discussions (also religious discussions which are usually only a combination of the other two).These topics are about everything that is not science, and to my brain that makes nearly all of them totally irrational. That's no judgment on anyone else, mind you, just one data point that might indicate why you might not find the highest level of philosophical discussion here.Imagine what a
I just wanted to stop in and give my vote for the new forum rules. I promise if I get any free time I'll do more posting there :smile:. The problem with half-way decent philosophy (given my current schedule) is that it takes a lot of time and research to say anything meaningful.

Physics news on Phys.org
kote said:
I just wanted to stop in and give my vote for the new forum rules. I promise if I get any free time I'll do more posting there :smile:. The problem with half-way decent philosophy (given my current schedule) is that it takes a lot of time and research to say anything meaningful.
Ditto. I think the new rules have helped considerably.

I agree with the last two posts, I like the changes! It is much better to read, and hopefully to post sometime.