Nuclear fusion/fission research question

In summary, the speaker is a student who is required to develop a research question in the field of science as part of their school curriculum. They have chosen nuclear fusion and/or fission as their topic and must create a question and answer it in a 4000 word report. However, they entered the school late and have less time to complete the project. They are seeking help in developing a question and have been advised to post in a Nuclear Engineering Forum if they do not receive helpful responses.
moses12330
Hi everyone, I hope this type of question is allowed on these forums.
As part of my school curriculum, we are required to develop a research question in any field of science that we choose, and were given a reasonable length of time to do this. I, however, entered the school late and thus received help in this project later than the other students.
Having chosen nuclear fusion and/or fission as my research topic, I am required to create a question - (E.g: How can (this) affect (that) process in nuclear (fission/fusion) to ultimately produce (more/safer) energy?)
I am then required to answer such question in a 4000 word report.
The report is due in a long time, however I must develop a question within two days, and write an 800 word justification, it is only thinking of a question with which I need help.
I hope anyone has some ideas.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try posting in Nuclear Engineering Forum if you don't get any useful responses.

Related to Nuclear fusion/fission research question

1. What is nuclear fusion and fission?

Nuclear fusion is a process in which two or more atomic nuclei combine to form a heavier nucleus, releasing a large amount of energy. Nuclear fission, on the other hand, is the process in which a heavy nucleus splits into smaller nuclei, also releasing a significant amount of energy.

2. What is the difference between nuclear fusion and fission?

The main difference between nuclear fusion and fission is the process by which energy is released. In fusion, energy is released when two atomic nuclei combine, while in fission, energy is released when a heavy nucleus splits into smaller nuclei.

3. What are the potential uses of nuclear fusion and fission?

Nuclear fusion and fission have the potential to be used as sources of energy. Fusion could potentially provide a nearly limitless supply of clean energy, while fission is currently used in nuclear power plants to generate electricity.

4. What are the challenges of nuclear fusion research?

Nuclear fusion research faces several challenges, including the need to create and sustain extremely high temperatures and pressures, controlling the fusion process, and finding suitable materials to contain the reactions.

5. How is nuclear fusion/fission research being conducted?

Nuclear fusion/fission research is primarily conducted through experiments in specialized facilities, such as fusion reactors and particle accelerators. Scientists also use computer simulations and theoretical studies to further understand and develop the processes of fusion and fission.