Non Commutative Quantum Field Theory

In summary, non-commutative quantum field theory is a theoretical framework that extends traditional quantum field theory by allowing for non-commutativity of spacetime coordinates. It has been used in attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics with general relativity and has applications in fields such as particle physics and string theory. Non-commutative quantum field theory introduces the concept of non-locality, where the value of a field at a point is affected by the values at all other points in space. This has led to new insights and potential solutions to long-standing problems in theoretical physics. However, the mathematical complexity of this theory presents challenges in its application and further research is needed to fully understand its implications.
fizix-
Non Commutative Cross-Section

hello, this is my first post here,
i have searched the web but i didnt find what i am looking for,so i hope i find it here.
i am looking for the formula of the cross section of compton scattring in the non commutative space-time .

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
thank you blechman ,
in that paper it was given the formula of the vertex of three photons where the initial state is the vacuum (|i>=|0>) and the final state |f> is three photons,and this case in not present in compton scattering,where we have in the initial state one photon (or two photon) and in the final state two photons (or one photon).
my problem is what is the vertex formula in this case (compton scatering)?

fizix- said:
thank you blechman ,
in that paper it was given the formula of the vertex of three photons where the initial state is the vacuum (|i>=|0>) and the final state |f> is three photons,and this case in not present in compton scattering,where we have in the initial state one photon (or two photon) and in the final state two photons (or one photon).
my problem is what is the vertex formula in this case (compton scatering)?

They do pair annihilation, which is related to compton scattering by a crossing symmetry. You still have to do some work, but they do most of it for you!

Anyway, that's all I have. Good luck with it!

Related to Non Commutative Quantum Field Theory

1. What is Non Commutative Quantum Field Theory?

Non Commutative Quantum Field Theory (NCQFT) is a theoretical framework that combines elements of quantum mechanics and field theory. It is based on the idea that the coordinates of space and time do not commute, meaning they do not follow the usual rules of multiplication. This leads to non-local and non-commutative interactions between particles.

2. How does NCQFT differ from traditional Quantum Field Theory?

In traditional Quantum Field Theory, the coordinates of space and time are treated as commuting variables, meaning they follow the usual rules of multiplication. However, in NCQFT, these coordinates do not commute, leading to non-local and non-commutative interactions. This results in modifications to the usual mathematical equations used in traditional Quantum Field Theory.

3. What are the applications of NCQFT?

NCQFT has potential applications in a variety of fields, including particle physics, cosmology, and condensed matter physics. It has been used to study the behavior of particles in extreme environments, such as in the early universe or near black holes. NCQFT also has implications for understanding the fundamental nature of space and time.

4. How is NCQFT related to String Theory?

NCQFT is closely related to String Theory, which is a theoretical framework that attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity. In fact, NCQFT can be seen as a simplified version of String Theory, where the strings are replaced by point-like particles. Some researchers believe that NCQFT could provide a more fundamental description of the universe than String Theory.

5. What are the challenges in studying NCQFT?

One of the main challenges in studying NCQFT is that it requires new mathematical tools and techniques, as the usual methods used in traditional Quantum Field Theory are not applicable. Additionally, there is currently no experimental evidence to support NCQFT, making it difficult to test its predictions. Further research and advances in technology will be necessary to fully understand and validate NCQFT.