NodeMCU Design With ESP32 Instead of ESP8266

• Thread starter Keonte45
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Design
In summary, the speaker is looking to develop a NodeMCU module using ESP32 and is seeking help with the PCB design. They were advised to purchase a pre-made module or acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for development. The speaker has decided to purchase the module instead.
Keonte45
Hi,

In the current project I'm working on, I want to develop a NodeMCU module using ESP32 rather than ESP826. The most recent module in this series is AS ESP32. In order to use it, the layout must be the same as the NodeMCU V3 module's.

So, if possible, could someone help me out with the project's PCB design?

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Keonte45 said:
Hi,

In the current project I'm working on, I want to develop a NodeMCU module using ESP32 rather than ESP826. The most recent module in this series is AS ESP32. In order to use it, the layout must be the same as the NodeMCU V3 module's.

So, if possible, could someone help me out with the project's PCB design?

Thanks.
It is not clear what you are trying to do.

If you want to run NodeMCU on an ESP32 then search for "NodeMCU ESP32" on Amazon/AliBaba/your local development board supplier and buy one. If you need a specific pinout then make an adapter board.

If you really do want to "develop a NodeMCU module" I am afraid you are going to need more skills and knowledge than you can get from asking about PCB designs here, and we are not going to help you copy someone else's IP anyway.

My plan was to develop a NodeMCU module with ESP32. I guess I'll just try to get it from a supplier instead of making it. Thanks!

Related to NodeMCU Design With ESP32 Instead of ESP8266

1. What is the difference between ESP32 and ESP8266?

The ESP32 is a newer and more powerful version of the ESP8266. It has a dual-core processor, more GPIO pins, and supports Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously. It also has more memory and a higher clock speed, making it better suited for more complex projects.

2. Can I use the same code for both ESP32 and ESP8266?

While the basic structure of the code may be similar, there are some differences in the libraries and functions used for each board. It is possible to modify the code to work for both, but it is recommended to use code specifically designed for the board you are using.

3. Is the NodeMCU compatible with both ESP32 and ESP8266?

Yes, the NodeMCU is a development board that supports both ESP32 and ESP8266. It has built-in WiFi and can be programmed using the Arduino IDE, making it a popular choice for IoT projects.

4. What are the advantages of using ESP32 instead of ESP8266 for NodeMCU design?

The ESP32 has several advantages over the ESP8266, including a faster processor, more GPIO pins, and support for Bluetooth. It also has more memory and a higher clock speed, making it better suited for more complex projects. Additionally, the ESP32 has better power management and a wider range of input voltage, making it more versatile for different applications.

5. Can I use the same peripherals and sensors with both ESP32 and ESP8266?

Generally, yes. Both boards have similar pinouts and support the same communication protocols, so most peripherals and sensors should work with both. However, it is always recommended to check the specifications and compatibility of your specific components before use.