No big bang, white whole quasar

In summary: I see this as a good thing it protects conservation of mass/energy, in essence its like a house with 4 bedrooms, 10 people in the house and a large large lock on the doors which permits no one from going outside. People can wander from room to room and we never lose the people, they are always there, just cause a person isn't in the room we are in doesn't mean they are gone forever they might just come back.I think its great that this idea protects mass and energy because if it didn't then we would have lost all the people that are in black holes and quasars. I also think its great that this idea can be applied to the universe because it helps us understand how it
woodysooner
Why does there have to be a big bang, why couldn't we (the universe) begun from another universe's black whole and pure energy flowed from a quasar, or white hole, from reading about quasars they are dumping millions of times the energy into the universe than galaxies that we view that is astonishing.

I see this as a good thing it protects conservation of mass/energy, in essence its like a house with 4 bedrooms, 10 people in the house and a large large lock on the doors which permits no one from going outside. People can wander from room to room and we never lose the people, they are always there, just cause a person isn't in the room we are in doesn't mean they are gone forever they might just come back.

Just like this ideas energy goes into a black hole pours into another universe and then we get it back or somehting back in the quasars.

If this is not succeptable than let's not say a different universe let's say it just goes to the oppisite side of our universe, imagine a topology that would just form a hole that would let things fall to the other side.

Just an idea that's all.
I'm ready for all of you to bash it lol.
Critisism is welcome.
You all know well more than I.

Cheers
Woody

Space news on Phys.org
Why does there have to be a big bang, why couldn't we (the universe) begun from another universe's black whole

Blackhole's don't create new universes. Stephen Hawking just theorized that information isn't lost in a BH and it eventually escapes meaning BH don't create other universes. Plus if if we are just another universe's BH then where did that universe come from?

Blackhole's don't create new universes

How do you know that. For sure.

Stephen Hawking just theorized that information isn't lost in a BH and it eventually escapes

To my knowledge I have read every possible thing that leading scientists have wrote after the convention at which hawking spoke and none of them were satisfied with his reasoning. I am not saying you or him are wrong just saying why quit looking if we are not sure.

Plus if if we are just another universe's BH then where did that universe come from?

Very good pt. lol, I have no idea but i will work on that and post back sooner or later. I just thought that it made everything symetric and we didn't then have to postulate how things all started, but your right, it has to start somewhere.

But what about Quasars, where does this massive flux of energy come from, i mean its monumental?

Thanx Entropy

How do you know that. For sure.

I know everything. :-p Just tell you that from what I know, its not probable.

But what about Quasars, where does this massive flux of energy come from, i mean its monumental?

When the matter is being sucked in, some of it gets deflected off of other matter falling in. I don't know much about the process but I pretty sure there is a model that explains it pretty well. Maybe someone else know what I'm talking about.

I know everything

I like that alot, confidence is definitely a must have.

When the matter is being sucked in, some of it gets deflected off of other matter falling in

I am confused, don't quasars give off massive amounts off energy, where is the sucked in coming from?

Entropy said:
When the matter is being sucked in, some of it gets deflected off of other matter falling in. I don't know much about the process but I pretty sure there is a model that explains it pretty well. Maybe someone else know what I'm talking about.

The majority opinion, at present, is there are supermassive black holes in the center of quasars. Quasars are also believed to be very young, so there is an abundance of debris for the black holes to feed on. Observation indicates most ordinary sized galaxies [eg, milky way], contain supermassive black holes in their centers. The quasar phase is probably a normal part of galactic evolution [the wild teenage years]. ps - take plenty of sunscreen if you decide to visit one.

I'm sorry if I am not understanding all of you well enough, but I thought a quasar gave off a lot of energy. If a black hole was in the middle then it would suck in energy right?

Quasars no longer exist. What is observed of them happened so very long ago that it is highly likely that they simply no longer exist as a quasar. Point being offered: There are NO active quasars in the current universe, nor has there been for billions of years.

one question. Just because we don't see any now does that mean they haven't happened and there light is still on its way.

one question. Just because we don't see any now does that mean they haven't happened and there light is still on its way.

No, we "see" them. Its just the light has taken billions of years to reach us so they're all dead now.

i know if we see them now they have long since gone, but if one was there now we wouldn't see them right... so how can we suppose there are none.

Quasars are predicted to only form in the early universe.

not saying you are wrong but can you explain why this is.

If someone take the sun, then we will know about it after couple of minutes.

Today we see quasars only in a couple of billion light years a way, if they are still existing in the same form as they were then, then there is no reason why we cannot find them closer to us.

Since we do not observe quasars in the near past, we can conclude that they are not existing in the same state as they where billions years ago.

Last edited:
Assuming the Big Bang was fact

We are assuming the Big Bang was fact as is customary these days. There are many who suspect that the Big Bang is not a reality.

We now know that Dark Matter contributs a large percentage of the ambient gravity; and we know that gravity lengthens the wave length of light; do we account for the red shift due to the ambient Dark-Matter gravity when we calculate galactic distance.

Keep on chuggin !

Vern

Photon Anatomy

do we account for the red shift due to the ambient Dark-Matter gravity when we calculate galactic distance
If dark-Metter is all over around us, then a red shift must apper also "near" to us, which (as much as I know) not the case.

Entropy said:
Blackhole's don't create new universes. Stephen Hawking just theorized that information isn't lost in a BH and it eventually escapes meaning BH don't create other universes. Plus if if we are just another universe's BH then where did that universe come from?

so are you directly disputing the conjecture in Smolin's paper from last week? http://arxiv.org/hep-th/0407213

that is a pretty bold statement! even Susskind couldn't come up with a good argument against it- his first attempt was even rejected by the arXiv! http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/blog/archives/2004_08.html

/:set\AI transmedia laboratories

http://setai-transmedia.com

Last edited by a moderator:
so are you directly disputing the conjecture in Smolin's paper from last week?

I told you I know everything! Don't argue with me mortals! :devil:

:-p

I don't know. I was just under the impression that if information wasn't lost in a BH and could escape then a BH couldn't form new universes. I actually haven't read much of the very resent stuff on BH's.

woodysooner said:
I'm sorry if I am not understanding all of you well enough, but I thought a quasar gave off a lot of energy. If a black hole was in the middle then it would suck in energy right?

In the processing of being gobbled up by the black hole, matter is accelerated to enormous speeds [approaching light speed as it gets close]. The collisions between particles at these high velocities releases enormous amounts of energy. All energy produced outside the schwarzchild radius of the black hole [which is a pretty short distance] escapes.

In a very young galaxy [e.g., quasar] there is a huge amount of unclaimed matter for the black hole to feast upon. As more and more stars form, the fuel supply dwindles and the quasar starts behaving like an adult galaxy. If you lived in one of those quasar galaxies right now, chances are good your galaxy would look like the milky way and the milky way would look like a quasar.

If everyone keeps an open mind, I believe the following anology might explain:

Obviously, it would be practically impossible to know, but I like to think of it this way:

Picture a glass of chocolate milk with a straw in it (I just like chocolate). Now, start to blow bubbles until you get lots of bubbles. The bubbles are universes. The milk flowing in between the bubbles are the material that feeds their creation. When enough "milk" is in one area (enough for that grand-daddy of all black holes [beyond Quasars]), a big bang occurs (matter/ antimatter annihalation), creating another universe (bubble). When the bubble has given back all of its material (through expansion), then the other bubbles rush into fill the space.

If you really think about it, it does make sense. There's a theoretical cycle that works here. We live in a multiverse.

Last edited:

Related to No big bang, white whole quasar

1. What is a "No big bang, white whole quasar"?

A "No big bang, white whole quasar" refers to a proposed theory in cosmology that suggests the universe did not begin with a big bang, but instead has always existed in a stable state with no beginning or end. It also proposes that black holes and white holes are connected and may be the source of new universes.

2. How does this theory differ from the big bang theory?

This theory differs from the big bang theory in that it suggests the universe has no beginning and has always existed in a stable state, whereas the big bang theory proposes that the universe began with a rapid expansion from a single point.

3. Is there any evidence to support this theory?

Currently, there is no direct evidence to support this theory. However, some scientists have suggested that certain observations, such as the existence of white holes and the lack of a detectable cosmic microwave background, could potentially support this theory.

4. What implications would this theory have on our understanding of the universe?

If this theory were proven to be true, it would drastically change our understanding of the universe and its origins. It would challenge many fundamental concepts in cosmology, such as the concept of a singularity and the idea of a beginning to the universe.

5. Are there any criticisms of this theory?

Yes, there are several criticisms of this theory. Some scientists argue that it goes against well-established theories and observations, such as the cosmic microwave background and the expansion of the universe. Others argue that there is not enough evidence to support the claims made by this theory.