Next integer in this sequence, Challenge

In summary, finding the next integer in a sequence involves identifying a pattern or rule and applying it to a given number. There can be multiple possible next integers, and various methods and formulas can be used depending on the type of sequence. This is important in mathematics for understanding patterns and relationships between numbers and for predicting future values and solving complex problems.
RLBrown
$\sqrt{\text{mbh}_{29}}$ Challenge:

Sn = 3, 293, 7862, 32251, 7105061, 335283445, 12826573186, ?, ?, 44164106654163
S1 through S7 begin an infinite integer sequence, not found in OEIS.

1) Find S8 and S9.
2) Does S10 belong to Sn?
3) If S10 is incorrect, what is the correct value of S10?

Motivation:
I have always hated the "find the next number in this sequence" type of challenge. I wanted to create a sequence who's solution is so compelling and satisfying that it would be unique. Hopefully, the hints have accomplished that goal.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hint:

1) $\sqrt{\text{mbh}_{29}}$ encourages us to examine Sn in base 29.
2) Clicking on S10 provides a tool.
3) Construct sequence Rn with R10 = 44164106654163, using pattern observed in S1 through S7.
4) In what sense is R the additive inverse of S? Use that to complete Sn.

Think mod 29^n and look at Sn2 to check your answers.
Trust me, this should be fun:)
now find S8 and S9.

1. What is the next integer in this sequence?

The next integer in a sequence is the number that follows a given number in the pattern.

2. How do I find the next integer in a sequence?

To find the next integer in a sequence, you can look for a pattern or rule in the sequence and apply it to the given number.

3. Can there be more than one possible next integer in a sequence?

Yes, there can be multiple possible next integers in a sequence, depending on the pattern or rule that is followed.

4. Is there a specific method or formula for finding the next integer in a sequence?

There are various methods and formulas that can be used to find the next integer in a sequence, such as arithmetic or geometric progression. It depends on the type of sequence and the given numbers.

5. Why is finding the next integer in a sequence important in mathematics?

Finding the next integer in a sequence is important in mathematics because it helps to understand patterns and relationships between numbers. It also allows for predicting future values and solving more complex problems.