Newbie Spammer Banned from ME Forum

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, a user named "Newbie" posted a vague question about running 5 DC motors without feedback in a mechanical engineering forum. Despite the lack of information, other users tried to provide helpful responses. However, the original poster was actually a spammer who was eventually banned and all of their posts were removed. This was done in order to clean up the forum and add the spammer to a shared database. The thread in question has since been deleted.
berkeman
Mentor
Hi Folks,

Newbie @mechanicalengineer had posted a thread (I think it was in the ME forum) where he asked a vague question about how to run 5 DC motors at the same RPM without using feedback. A number of users tried to post helpful replies, despite the OP's thread start being so vague.

Turns out @mechanicalengineer was a spammer, posting a link to his website in other posts after this one. He is now banned as a spammer, which cleans up all of his posts and threads, and adds him to the shared spammer database that the PF subscribes to.

I just wanted to let you all know why the thread has disappeared. Thanks for trying to help the newbie -- too bad it was a spam setup.

Last edited:
Likes CalcNerd, Bystander and phinds
Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks Berk!

Related to Newbie Spammer Banned from ME Forum

1. Why was the newbie spammer banned from the ME forum?

The newbie spammer was banned from the ME forum because they repeatedly posted irrelevant and promotional content, violating the forum's guidelines and disrupting the community's discussions.

2. How does the ME forum handle spammers?

The ME forum has a strict policy against spamming and employs a team of moderators to monitor and remove any spam content. Spammers are given warnings and ultimately banned if they continue to violate the forum's rules.

3. Can the banned newbie spammer return to the ME forum?

It is possible for the banned newbie spammer to return to the ME forum if they acknowledge their mistakes and follow the forum's guidelines in the future. However, the decision to lift the ban is ultimately up to the forum's moderators.

4. How can I report a spammer on the ME forum?

If you come across a spammer on the ME forum, you can report them by clicking on the "report" button on their post. This will notify the moderators who will then take the necessary actions.

5. What can I do to prevent spam on the ME forum?

To prevent spam on the ME forum, it is important to follow the forum's guidelines and only post relevant and meaningful content. Additionally, if you come across any spam, report it to the moderators so they can take action.