New Nixon Tapes and Files Released

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files
In summary, the National Archives will be releasing 152 hours of tape and 30,000 pages of documents from Richard Nixon's administration on Tuesday. The files will be available on the Nixon Presidential Library and Museum website and in person at the National Archives annex. In a conversation, Nixon mentions that there are times when abortions are necessary, specifically in cases of interracial rape. This statement is followed by a comment about Nixon's past actions and an assertion that he hasn't hated anyone in the past 15 years. However, it is pointed out that this statement may depend on Nixon's location. Finally, a campaign slogan about Nixon hating black people is mentioned, along with a comment about the individual's apparent confusion and a video link.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The National Archives is making public about 152 hours of tape and about 30,000 pages of documents from former President Richard M. Nixon’s administration at 9 a.m. on Tuesday.

The complete audio files and scans of some representative documents will be posted at the Web site of the Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. The full set of documents will be available to researchers at the National Archives annex in College Park, Md...
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/new-nixon-tapes-and-files-released/?hp

Nixon" "There are times when abortions are necessary, I know that, you know that's when you have a black and a white."

Colson: "Or rape."

Nixon: "Or rape."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/23/eveningnews/main5107797.shtml

Physics news on Phys.org
Richard Nixon hates black people.

Cyrus said:

I don't recall seeing that campaign slogan. I'm confused.

He started his political career by accusing his opponent of being a Communist [sound like a familiar tactic?]. There was too little time left before the election for his opponent to undo the damage.

I don't think he's hated anyone for the past 15 years.

negitron said:

Depends on where he is. :-p

negitron said:

You appear to suffer from verbial tenselexia.

JO1j77mo6Vc&feature=related[/youtube] (I'll spell it out for you)

Related to New Nixon Tapes and Files Released

1. What new information do the Nixon Tapes and Files contain?

The newly released Nixon Tapes and Files contain over 700 hours of audio recordings and thousands of pages of documents from the Nixon presidency. They provide insight into the Watergate scandal, foreign policy decisions, and other key events during Nixon's time in office.

2. How were these tapes and files released after so many years?

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) released the tapes and files in accordance with the Presidential Records Act, which requires all presidential records to be made public after a certain period of time. In this case, the release was delayed due to legal battles and the need for extensive review and redaction.

3. What significance do these tapes and files have in relation to historical events?

The Nixon Tapes and Files provide a unique and unfiltered look into the inner workings of the Nixon administration. They shed light on key events such as the Vietnam War, the Cold War, and the Watergate scandal, and give historians and the public a better understanding of how decisions were made during this turbulent time in American history.

4. Are there any new revelations in the Nixon Tapes and Files?

While there are no major bombshells or revelations in the newly released tapes and files, they do provide more context and detail to events that were already known. For example, the tapes reveal Nixon's obsession with the media and his attempts to manipulate public perception, as well as his involvement in the cover-up of the Watergate scandal.

5. Can anyone access these tapes and files?

Yes, the Nixon Tapes and Files are available for public access at the National Archives facility in College Park, Maryland. They can also be requested through the NARA website for a fee. However, some portions of the tapes and files may still be restricted due to national security concerns or privacy laws.

Back