New Good Books on Calculus and Analytical Geometry

In summary, the individual is looking for recommendations for books on calculus and analytical geometry, specifically for their college course. They mention a preference for a digital copy and a need for detailed worked solutions and visual aids. The expert suggests that any good Algebra 2/3/Trigonometry book by reputable authors should suffice, as the concepts of analytic geometry are already covered in these subjects and will be applied in the calculus course. Some suggested authors are Lial, Lial & Miller, Larson & Hostetler, Larson & Hostetler & Edwards, Aufman & Barker, and Howard Anton.
frozonecom
I have read many threads concerning many excellent books on calculus but not for analytical geometry. I can't seem to find any thread about good references for analytical geometry. I am taking the course analytical geometry and calculus in college and I need good book in both fields. I have background knowledge in Algebra and Trigonometry if that will help. I am also kind of slow in understanding concepts and usually exercises with detailed worked solutions really help. Many graphs and pictures(like illustrations for word problems) will also be a great help. I just really want to ace this course. ;) So do you guys have any good suggestions for such books on calculus and analytical geometry? Preferably, one that has a new edition released and much better if it can be purchased as a digital copy, since it's easier for me to study on my laptop.

/Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
"Analytic Geometry" as instructed in the lower division Calculus courses is just applying the ideas being learned in Calculus to (mostly) coordinate Geometry in two and three dimensions. Most of the Analytic Geometry underlying what you will learn in "Calculus and Analytic Geometry" will have been well given in your Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and Trigonometry courses and textbooks.

Again, in Calculus And Analytic Geometry, you are just applying your Calculus concepts to the Analytic Geometry which you have already studied. Any good Algebra 2/3/Trigonometry book by a good set of authors should be easily enough; maybe Lial, Lial & Miller, Larson & Hostetler, Larson & Hostetler & Edwards, Aufman & Barker; and maybe also the old Calculus book by Howard Anton. Other possible valuable authors as well. I just listed the ones I know about.

Last edited:

1. What is Calculus and Analytical Geometry?

Calculus and Analytical Geometry are two branches of mathematics that deal with the study of change and relationships between quantities. Calculus is primarily concerned with the study of continuous change, while Analytical Geometry focuses on the use of algebraic equations to represent geometric shapes.

2. Why are new books on Calculus and Analytical Geometry important?

New books on Calculus and Analytical Geometry are important because these subjects are constantly evolving and new techniques and applications are being discovered. Keeping up with the latest developments can help students and professionals deepen their understanding and improve their skills in these fields.

3. Who can benefit from reading new books on Calculus and Analytical Geometry?

Anyone who is interested in mathematics, particularly in the fields of Calculus and Analytical Geometry, can benefit from reading new books on these topics. Students, educators, and professionals in various fields such as engineering, physics, and economics can all benefit from a deeper understanding of these subjects.

4. What are some common topics covered in new books on Calculus and Analytical Geometry?

New books on Calculus and Analytical Geometry may cover a wide range of topics, including derivatives, integrals, functions, equations of curves and surfaces, optimization, and multivariable calculus. They may also explore real-world applications and provide practice problems for readers to reinforce their understanding.

5. How can I choose the best new book on Calculus and Analytical Geometry?

Choosing the best new book on Calculus and Analytical Geometry will depend on your individual learning style and goals. Some factors to consider when choosing a book may include the author's expertise, the level of difficulty, and the specific topics covered. It may also be helpful to read reviews and compare different books to find one that best suits your needs.