New Bio "The Man from the Future" by Ananyo Bhattacharya

In summary, "The Man from the Future" is a science book by Ananyo Bhattacharya that is currently available in Britain but will not be released in the US until February. The author has a background in science writing and research and this is his only book. Some readers are intrigued by the description of the book, but also hesitant due to past experiences with similar books.
Frabjous
Gold Member
The Man from the Future by Ananyo Bhattacharya (it’s out in Britain, not until Feb. in US)

Anybody have any thoughts on it?

Likes Aanta, Mr.Husky and Demystifier
Physics news on Phys.org
It's a little early of course. An opinion can be given in 6 months, when the book has gained some spread. In the meantime, what else has the author written? Was it any good, so not to get wrong expectations.

Likes vanhees71
dextercioby said:
In the meantime, what else has the author written? Was it any good, so not to get wrong expectations.

According to his Amazon page

this is his only book. His Bio from this page: "Ananyo Bhattacharya is a science writer who has worked at the Economist and Nature. Before journalism, he was a medical researcher at the Burnham Institute in San Diego, California. He holds a degree in physics from the University of Oxford and a PhD in protein crystallography from Imperial College London."

Likes dextercioby
I'm intrigued, but also wary. Sometimes these books just turn out to be a rehash of every anecdote and story you can find online.

Likes Demystifier
I understand the reticence. I stopped regularly reading scientific biographies years ago (the only one I regularly recommend is the autobiography Magnets by Bitter because I feel that it gives some idea about what’s it is like being a physicist). Something about the description of this one intrigues me. I guess that I will order a copy from Britain and count the weeks until it arrives.

Last edited:

Related to New Bio "The Man from the Future" by Ananyo Bhattacharya

1. What is "New Bio: The Man from the Future" about?

"New Bio: The Man from the Future" is a science fiction novel written by Ananyo Bhattacharya. It follows the story of a man who travels through time to prevent a catastrophic event from occurring in the future.

2. What inspired Ananyo Bhattacharya to write "New Bio: The Man from the Future"?

Ananyo Bhattacharya has always been fascinated by the concept of time travel and the impact it could have on our world. He was also interested in exploring the possibilities of biotechnology and its potential consequences. These interests inspired him to write "New Bio: The Man from the Future".

3. Is "New Bio: The Man from the Future" based on any real scientific theories?

While the novel is a work of fiction, it is based on real scientific concepts and theories. Ananyo Bhattacharya did extensive research on topics such as time travel, biotechnology, and genetic engineering to create a believable and thought-provoking story.

4. What sets "New Bio: The Man from the Future" apart from other science fiction novels?

One of the unique aspects of "New Bio: The Man from the Future" is its focus on the potential consequences of biotechnology and genetic engineering. The novel also explores the ethical dilemmas and moral implications of these advancements, making it a thought-provoking read.

5. Are there any plans for a sequel to "New Bio: The Man from the Future"?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel to "New Bio: The Man from the Future". However, Ananyo Bhattacharya has expressed interest in exploring similar themes and concepts in future works.