Network Question Homework: Get Started with Computer Facilities

• Thread starter naspek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Networking
In summary, the conversation revolves around a question regarding computer facilities and their role in a network. The person asking for help is struggling to understand the concept and terminology, and is seeking clarification. The responder expresses concern about the person's understanding and suggests they may not be ready to attempt the question.
naspek

Homework Statement

[PLAIN]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5656/74197103.jpg
[PLAIN]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5420/64433027.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

hey there..
i try to solve this question..
but..
i really got no idea to start..
please guide me..

first thing first..
what does it mean by computer facilities?
is it the computer requirement itself or the router?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'll be honest, if you don't understand the terms of the question, particularly "computer facilities", I'm not sure you should be attempting the question.

Are you a student in this subject or simply having a go at the question?

"is it the computer requirement itself or the router?"

The reason I mention the above, isn't to sound nasty, but simply because any person with a basic understanding would know routers come under "network devices".

jarednjames said:
I'll be honest, if you don't understand the terms of the question, particularly "computer facilities", I'm not sure you should be attempting the question.

Are you a student in this subject or simply having a go at the question?

"is it the computer requirement itself or the router?"

The reason I mention the above, isn't to sound nasty, but simply because any person with a basic understanding would know routers come under "network devices".

thanks for ur reply..
i've been asked my lecturer.. but, he didn't answer me at all..
plus, he didn't mention it during his lecture..

got question here..
"cabling" means i just choose what type of cable right?

Sorry, but I still don't understand.

You're studying this in college / university, have been set this question, and don't know anything (including basic terminology) that would allow you to attempt it?

Computer facilities typically refer to the physical infrastructure and resources necessary for using computers, such as hardware, software, and network connectivity. In this context, it could include things like computers, routers, switches, servers, and other networking equipment. To get started with computer facilities, you will need to have access to these resources and understand how to use them effectively. This may involve setting up and connecting to a network, installing necessary software, and learning how to troubleshoot common issues. It may also be helpful to familiarize yourself with basic computer terminology and concepts. If you are unsure where to begin, I would recommend reaching out to a mentor or colleague for guidance, or researching online resources for computer basics.

Related to Network Question Homework: Get Started with Computer Facilities

1. What is a computer network?

A computer network is a collection of interconnected devices, such as computers, printers, and servers, that communicate with each other and share resources.

2. What are the benefits of using computer networks?

Computer networks allow for efficient communication and sharing of information and resources, increased productivity, and cost savings. They also enable remote access to data and services, making it easier to work from anywhere.

3. How do I connect to a computer network?

To connect to a computer network, you need a network adapter, such as a network interface card (NIC) or a wireless adapter. Once you have the necessary hardware, you can connect to the network by configuring your device's network settings or by using a wireless network connection.

4. What are some common types of computer networks?

The most common types of computer networks include local area networks (LANs), which connect devices within a small geographic area, and wide area networks (WANs), which connect devices over a larger distance. Other types include metropolitan area networks (MANs), personal area networks (PANs), and virtual private networks (VPNs).

5. How do I ensure the security of my computer network?

To ensure the security of your computer network, you should use strong passwords, keep your software and devices up to date, use firewalls and antivirus software, and regularly back up your data. It is also important to limit access to the network and regularly monitor for any suspicious activity.