Needed some help with this organizational problem

• MHB
  • Thread starter Yamaa Naser
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem for a k-12 assignment that involves organizing nuts and screws in a certain way. It is suggested to group them by size and place them on opposite sides. The second question involves using a number line, but it turns out that the number line system on Desmos is no longer functioning. However, the person speaking has a previous version of the number line which they use to answer similar questions. The conversation ends with the person offering further assistance if needed.
Yamaa Naser
Hey all, I was doing this one problem for a k-12 assignment but I didn't quite understand what it meant when it asked me to how it should be organized.Here's what the question looks like:
Stay slick.PNG

I'm having a very hard time trying to figure it out, but I don't know the BEST way to organize (nuts and screws first or bolts?)

For the second question I tried doing a desmos graph since it asked to draw on a "number line"

demsos.PNG

I couldn't even get the dots to come up. Please help me out with this!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hello Yamaa!

It's pretty simple actually.

For the first one, adding in the nuts and screws first would be much simpler, as they are not as long as the bolts.

First thing's first is to separate them into 2 different groups. Bigger screws with bigger screws and bigger nuts with bigger nuts etc...

We now have 4 separate groups, place the 2 groups of nuts on one side and the screws on the other. Does this make sense? Now try figuring it out for yourself!As for the second one, the main problem is that Desmos no longer has a functioning number line system, it's mostly just graphs and what not.
However I've answered this same question before and thus I have this number line from a previous version of Desmos which I've used to help with these questions.

Take a look:

Untitled (1).jpg

As you can see, many of the nuts and screws are under 1 on the number line, making them easy to spot. Whilst the bolts are farther ahead due to their large size.

I hope I've helped you out! And please tell me if there's anything else you need!

You proved to be quite helpful, um, to yourself.

tenor.gif

1. What is the first step in solving an organizational problem?

The first step in solving an organizational problem is to identify the problem and its underlying causes. This involves gathering data, analyzing it, and understanding the root cause of the problem.

2. How can I involve my team in finding a solution to an organizational problem?

One way to involve your team in finding a solution is to hold a brainstorming session where everyone can share their ideas and perspectives. You can also assign specific tasks to team members and encourage them to come up with their own solutions.

3. What are some common barriers to solving organizational problems?

Some common barriers to solving organizational problems include lack of communication, resistance to change, and inadequate resources. It is important to address these barriers in order to effectively solve the problem.

4. How can I measure the success of a solution to an organizational problem?

The success of a solution can be measured by setting clear and specific goals, tracking progress, and obtaining feedback from stakeholders. It is important to have measurable metrics in place to determine the effectiveness of the solution.

5. How can I prevent future organizational problems from arising?

To prevent future organizational problems, it is important to have strong communication and collaboration within the team, regularly review and assess processes and procedures, and address any issues or concerns before they escalate. It is also helpful to continuously seek feedback and make necessary adjustments to improve efficiency and effectiveness.