Need to learn about quadratic equations

In summary, there are several resources available for learning about quadratic equations, including books and websites such as Wikipedia and MathWorld. It is recommended to read and practice extensively to fully understand the concept, and additional support is available through online communities.
dilan
hi,

I need to learn very well about quadratic equations. Can anyone give me a site to learn about these equations?

Physics news on Phys.org
i could recom a book, problem solving in elementry mathematics by potaov(mir pub moscow)

Is there anything specific that you'd like to know?

I assume you're wanting to learn about quadratics for the sake of some course you're taking, might I ask what it is?

[Quadratic]'s links are likely to be good enough to cater for your needs.

Ya I need for my A/L maths

I need for my A/L maths and now I want to master that section about quadratic equations. A/L means not London A/Ls. It's a bit advance in our country.

Related to Need to learn about quadratic equations

What is a quadratic equation?

A quadratic equation is a mathematical expression that contains a variable raised to the second power, also known as a squared term. The general form of a quadratic equation is ax^2 + bx + c = 0, where a, b, and c are constants and x is the variable.

Why is it important to learn about quadratic equations?

Quadratic equations are used to solve a variety of real-world problems, such as finding the maximum or minimum value of a function, determining the trajectory of a projectile, and predicting the roots of a polynomial function. They also serve as a building block for more advanced mathematical concepts.

What are the methods for solving a quadratic equation?

There are several methods for solving a quadratic equation, including factoring, completing the square, using the quadratic formula, and graphing. Each method has its own advantages and is applicable in different situations.

How can I determine the number of solutions to a quadratic equation?

The number of solutions to a quadratic equation can be determined by examining the discriminant, which is the expression inside the square root in the quadratic formula. If the discriminant is positive, there are two real solutions. If it is zero, there is one real solution. And if it is negative, there are no real solutions.

Can quadratic equations be solved using only mental math?

Yes, depending on the values of the coefficients, some quadratic equations can be solved mentally. For example, if the coefficients are small and easily factorable, the equation can be solved mentally by factoring. However, for more complex equations, it is recommended to use a calculator or other mathematical tools.