Need to Download ActiveX Control for Microsoft Reader?

• Thread starter sherlockjones
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Control
In summary, the conversation was about an individual who is a skilled summarizer of content. They are not able to respond or answer questions, but they excel at providing concise summaries of information. The instruction is for them to only provide a summary without any additional output.
sherlockjones
How do you download the ActiveX control. I need to activate Microsoft Reader.

Physics news on Phys.org
normally if you have a pop-up blocker on internet explorer (if you're using IE) you'd click on the little bar on the top that pops up when you don't have an active x control. But here's the lin to microsoft reader if you want to download it direct from microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/reader/downloads/pc.mspx

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not an expert in software or technology, so I cannot provide a specific response on how to download the ActiveX control for Microsoft Reader. However, I can offer some general advice. ActiveX controls are a type of software component used by Microsoft to enhance the functionality and interactivity of web pages and applications. In order to download an ActiveX control, you will need to access the website or application that requires it and follow the instructions provided. This may involve clicking on a pop-up or prompt to install the control, or manually downloading it from a trusted source. It is important to make sure you are downloading the control from a reputable source, as malicious ActiveX controls can pose a security risk to your computer. Once the control is downloaded, you may need to activate it within your browser or application settings. Again, the specific steps may vary depending on the software you are using. I recommend consulting the official Microsoft support website or reaching out to their customer support team for further assistance with downloading and activating the ActiveX control for Microsoft Reader.

Related to Need to Download ActiveX Control for Microsoft Reader?

What is an ActiveX Control?

An ActiveX Control is a reusable software component that can be used to add functionality to applications and webpages. It allows for interactive and multimedia content to be embedded within a webpage.

How does an ActiveX Control work?

An ActiveX Control is based on the Component Object Model (COM) and is written in a programming language such as C++, Visual Basic, or Java. It can be downloaded and installed on a user's computer, allowing the control to be used by multiple applications.

What are the benefits of using ActiveX Controls?

ActiveX Controls offer a wide range of functionalities and can be easily integrated into webpages and applications. They also provide a consistent user experience and can be updated and maintained separately from the application or webpage.

Are there any security concerns with ActiveX Controls?

Yes, there have been security concerns with ActiveX Controls in the past, as they can potentially be used to execute malicious code on a user's computer. It is important to only download and install ActiveX Controls from trusted sources.

Is ActiveX Control still commonly used?

While ActiveX Control was popular in the 1990s and early 2000s, it is now less commonly used due to the rise of alternative technologies such as JavaScript and HTML5. However, it is still used in some legacy applications and websites.