Need to ask a mod or admin a question about changing my username

• Thread starter Kirito123
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user wanting to change their profile name on a website called PF. They are seeking advice on how to do so and suggesting potential new names. Another user recommends contacting Greg Bernhardt for help. The conversation also includes some lighthearted banter about the current username and the possibility of using the name "bloodhound."
Kirito123
So I'm kinda new to PF but I would like to change my profile name. My sister showed me this website and made me a random name which I don't really like (Loving the PF so far :D). Anyway is there a possible way I can change my name and can it be something like blood hound or anything like that or are those types of names not allowed?Thx to anyone who answers and if you can't change you name then going to have to live as kirito123... XD

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Ok ill message him :)

Indeed. Send Greg a PM. He's the only one here who can change your username.

Awww, Kirito123 is not so bad. It kind of reminds me of french fries. Or bath towels :smile:

Likes Kirito123
Lol so when people think of me they think of bath towels or French fries. ;3 gg

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Kirito123 said:
Lol so when people think of me they think of bath towels or French fries. ;3 gg
Yeah, baby! :oldlaugh:

;3 :partytime: lol the fact that I am currently eating french fries :bow:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Kirito123 said:
something like blood hound
BTW, bloodhound is one word :smile: And so far it doesn't look like it's been used as a username at the PF yet.

Likes Kirito123
berkeman said:
BTW, bloodhound is one word
Oh, you grammar buffs :smile:

Likes berkeman
XD

Related to Need to ask a mod or admin a question about changing my username

What is the process for changing my username?

The process for changing your username may vary depending on the specific platform or website you are using. In general, you will likely need to contact a moderator or administrator and request the change. They may require certain information or documentation from you before making the change. It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions provided by the moderator or administrator to ensure a smooth and timely process.

Can I change my username multiple times?

This also depends on the specific platform or website. Some may allow you to change your username multiple times, while others may have restrictions on how often you can change it. It is best to check the website's policies or contact a moderator or administrator to find out the specific rules for changing usernames.

Will my previous username still be visible to others?

Again, this may vary depending on the platform or website. In some cases, your previous username may still be visible to others, especially if there are mentions or references to it in previous posts or comments. It is important to clarify this with a moderator or administrator before changing your username.

Can I choose any username I want?

While you may have some freedom in choosing your username, it is important to follow the guidelines and policies of the specific platform or website. Offensive or inappropriate usernames may not be allowed and could result in your request being denied. It is always best to choose a username that is respectful and appropriate.

Is there a fee for changing my username?

This also depends on the specific platform or website. Some may offer username changes for free, while others may charge a fee. It is important to check the website's policies or contact a moderator or administrator to find out if there is a fee for changing your username.