Need rebutal for plasma EU theory

In summary, the conversation was about two individuals in a forum who believe in an infinite and static universe, despite the fact that 98.6% of the universe is made of plasma. The original poster questioned if plasma has mass and argued that a static universe could not exist if this were the case, unless another force such as dark matter was involved. They then requested help from a physicist to respond to these individuals and prevent them from spreading their theories. However, the discussion was locked and the topic of crackpot theories was not allowed to be discussed.
tanzanos
I am in a forum where there are two EU crackpot theorists that insist on the universe being infinite and static. Since the universe is 98.6% plasma; I asked them if plasma has mass. I am not a physicist but I know that a static universe cannot be if this plasma has mass as this would cause the universe to contract unless another force (dark matter) is acting in opposition and thus causes the universe to expand.

I need a physicist to help me in my reply to these people! (Sorry I know this is an unorthodox request but we cannot allow such people to convince others of their crackpot theory.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Sorry, we do not discuss crackpottery here. Not even to debunk it.

Locked.

Related to Need rebutal for plasma EU theory

1. What is the basis of the plasma EU theory?

The plasma EU theory, also known as the Electric Universe theory, is based on the idea that electricity and electromagnetism play a much larger role in the universe than previously thought. It proposes that electric currents and magnetic fields, rather than just gravity, shape and power celestial objects.

2. How does the plasma EU theory explain phenomena like the aurora borealis and lightning?

The plasma EU theory explains these phenomena as the result of electrical interactions between plasma (ionized gas) in the Earth's atmosphere and the Earth's magnetic field. These interactions create the beautiful light displays we see in the sky.

3. Is the plasma EU theory widely accepted by the scientific community?

No, the plasma EU theory is not widely accepted by the scientific community. While there is evidence that supports the role of electricity and electromagnetism in the universe, the theory goes against well-established scientific principles and lacks substantial evidence to fully explain all observed phenomena.

4. What evidence is there for the plasma EU theory?

Proponents of the plasma EU theory point to various observations, such as the alignment of galactic jets with their parent galaxies' spin axis and the presence of filaments and electric currents in galaxy clusters, as evidence for their theory. However, these observations can also be explained by other existing theories, and the plasma EU theory lacks the predictive power and explanatory capability of established theories.

5. How does the plasma EU theory address the role of gravity in the universe?

The plasma EU theory does not discount the role of gravity in the universe, but it suggests that gravity is just one aspect of a larger picture that also involves electricity and electromagnetism. Proponents of the theory argue that gravity is a weaker force compared to electromagnetism and therefore cannot fully explain the observed structures and behaviors of celestial objects.