A New Heaven and a New Earth: Exploring Possibilities

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary, the Bible states that a New Heaven and a New Earth will be made after the second coming and the 1000 year period. I do not believe that this will take place in a different location in the Universe upon a Planet already existing and waiting for Life. I think the Biblical statement "If you "create" a new EARTH", does not necessarily mean destroying completely the present Earth and making a new one in its' current location. Rather, I believe that all those "left alive" will one day be transported "in the New Jersulaem" from Earth to the NEW Earth which is far, far away and will be in an area of the "New Universe" (new location) that, when one gazes upon the
timejim
After the second coming and the 1000 year period, and upon the final destruction of the Devil, the Bible states a New Heaven and a New Earth will be made. I now feel that this will take place in a different location in the Universe upon a Planet already existing and waiting for Life. If you look at it in the present context that people currently believe then an ENTIRELY new UNIVERSE would have to be created (after this UNIVERSE is completely destroyed). I do not believe this will be the case. I think the Biblical statement "If you "create" a new EARTH", does not necessarily mean destroying completely the present Earth and making a new one in its' current location. Rather, I believe that all those "left alive" will one day be transported "in the New Jersulaem" from Earth to the NEW Earth which is far, far away and will be in an area of the "New Universe" (new location) that, when one gazes upon the Stars from their new Earth, the "Heavens" will display a completely new view, thus a NEW HEAVEN and a NEW Earth. The Bible describes the "New Jerusalem as a cube shaped 1500 Kilomter sized object placed upon the Earth. More than adequate to take away all those worthy to their new home. Then, this present Earth will be completely destroyed, perhaps as the "Planet" that used to exist between Mars and Jupiter but is now an "asteroid" belt. I also feel that these events have occurred in past history to other civilizations. Maybe Mars was once filled with life and they were all taken away (perhaps to Earth) for a new life. Hmmmm.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Every Halloween I sit in a pumkin patch and wait for the Great Pumpkin to appear and every Halloween I end up dozing off and missing him. This time I'm going to sleep all day and drink 12 cups of coffee. This time I will not miss the Great Pumpkin.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic. It is certainly a fascinating and complex concept to consider. While the Bible does mention a new heaven and a new earth, the exact details and location of this new creation are not explicitly stated. Therefore, it is open to interpretation and speculation.

I agree with your perspective that the new earth may not necessarily be created in the same location as the current earth. It is possible that it could be in a different part of the universe or even in a different dimension. The idea of a cube-shaped New Jerusalem is also interesting and could symbolize the perfection and completeness of this new creation.

As for the destruction of the current earth, I believe it is possible that it could be transformed and renewed rather than completely destroyed. This could align with the biblical concept of redemption and restoration. However, it is also possible that the current earth will be completely destroyed and replaced with a new one.

Regarding your thoughts on other civilizations and their potential relocation to earth, it is certainly an intriguing idea. It is possible that the events described in the Bible have occurred in past history to other civilizations, but it is also important to remember that the Bible is focused on the redemption and salvation of humanity rather than other civilizations.

In the end, the details of the new heaven and new earth are ultimately unknown and it is up to individual interpretation. What is most important is that we focus on living a life that is pleasing to God and trust in His plan for the future. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this topic.

1. What is the main concept behind "A New Heaven and a New Earth: Exploring Possibilities"?

The main concept behind "A New Heaven and a New Earth: Exploring Possibilities" is to explore the possibility of creating a new, sustainable world that is in harmony with nature and free from the problems and limitations of our current society.

2. How is this idea different from other ideas about creating a better world?

This idea is different because it focuses on a holistic approach that takes into account not just environmental sustainability, but also social and economic sustainability. It also emphasizes the need for a fundamental shift in our values and mindset in order to truly create a new and better world.

3. What evidence is there to support the feasibility of this idea?

There is a growing body of evidence from various fields such as sustainability science, environmental studies, and economics that supports the feasibility of creating a new, sustainable world. Many successful initiatives and projects have also been implemented around the world, demonstrating that it is possible to create positive change.

4. What challenges or obstacles may arise in implementing this idea?

There are several challenges that may arise in implementing this idea, including resistance from those who benefit from the current system, lack of political will, and the need for significant changes in our societal structures and behaviors. Overcoming these challenges will require collaboration, innovation, and a collective effort from individuals, organizations, and governments.

5. How can individuals contribute to making this idea a reality?

Individuals can contribute in various ways, such as adopting more sustainable practices in their daily lives, supporting and participating in local and global initiatives, and advocating for systemic change. It is also important for individuals to educate themselves and others about the issues and potential solutions, and to actively engage in the conversation and decision-making processes related to creating a new and better world.