Need help remembering a classic Physics books

In summary, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, Robert B. Leighton, and Matthew Sands is considered the most famous classic physics book. To remember concepts from a classic physics book, actively engage with the material and discuss it with others. When memorizing equations, understanding the underlying concepts and using mnemonic devices can be helpful. To determine the right classic physics book for you, research and read reviews and consult with a teacher or mentor. Classic physics books can still be used as a reference for modern research due to their foundational principles and theories.
carlitos_30
Hello. I am new here and I registered because I just can´t remember a book I studied long time ago. Is an introductory Physics book used in colleges and universities. The book is well known, I would say the author is famous. I'm 90% sure the author surname begins with "f" and is not Feynmann. I remember the book contains the problem of the monkey in a rope.

That's all I can remember.

Thanks for your help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much sir!

Glad if it helped!

Related to Need help remembering a classic Physics books

1. What is the most famous classic physics book?

The most famous classic physics book is "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, Robert B. Leighton, and Matthew Sands. It is a three-volume set that covers all areas of physics and is widely considered a must-read for any aspiring physicist.

2. How can I remember the concepts from a classic physics book?

One way to remember the concepts from a classic physics book is to actively engage with the material. Take notes, summarize key points, and try to apply the concepts in practice problems. It may also help to discuss the material with others or teach it to someone else.

3. Are there any tips for memorizing equations from a classic physics book?

One tip for memorizing equations is to understand the underlying concepts and principles behind them. This will make it easier to remember and apply the equations. Another helpful technique is to create flashcards or use mnemonic devices to associate the equations with something memorable.

4. How do I know which classic physics book is right for me?

The best way to determine which classic physics book is right for you is to research the different options and read reviews from other readers. You may also consider consulting with a physics teacher or mentor for their recommendation based on your specific interests and level of understanding.

5. Can I use a classic physics book as a reference for modern research?

Yes, classic physics books can still be used as a reference for modern research. While newer research may have updated or expanded upon certain concepts, the fundamental principles and theories described in classic physics books are still relevant and widely accepted in the scientific community.