Need help Policy Number? Insurance

• Thread starter rocomath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Insurance
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help with finding their policy number for an insurance company. They mention having their card with them but not seeing a policy number. The person providing assistance suggests using their subscriber ID and contacting the insurance company for clarification. Another person mentions that their insurance cards do have a policy number printed on them. However, the original person points out that they live in a different region, and the conversation ends with a humorous exchange about ignoring the issue.
rocomath
Need help! Policy Number? Insurance ...

Ok, I have my card infront of me.

I have: subscriber id, group number, payer id, and card number ... but not "Policy Number"

Which is it? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I would guess that you were really looking for Physicians Corp of America (whose domain name has been acquired by a robotics company), Physicians Mutual, Physicians Reciprical, or the Psychic Hotline (don't they have a special program called "In Search of Lost Objects"?)

Considering we don't even know what insurance company you're talking about, the chances of answering your question are pretty small. Even with the company name, you'd probably need to rely on someone who had insurance from the same company.

(My trash collectors changed their system, making it vary hard to figure out how our old account numbers carry over into their new system. In their case, they at least offered a page on their website explaining how to enter your "new" number based off of your old "account number" when paying bills on-line.)

Last edited:
rocomath said:
Ok, I have my card infront of me.

I have: subscriber id, group number, payer id, and card number ... but not "Policy Number"

Which is it? Thanks!
On insurance forms, I've been told to use my "subscriber ID" when it asks for the Policy number.

Your card should have a toll free number on it, call them and ask which to use.

It must be a regional matter. Both my Alberta Health insurance and my car insurance have a policy number clearly printed on them.

Danger said:
It must be a regional matter. Both my Alberta Health insurance and my car insurance have a policy number clearly printed on them.

Certainly, it's that great big region to the south of Canada. My AB Health and my car insurance both have a policy number on them as well.

NeoDevin said:
Certainly, it's that great big region to the south of Canada.

Ahhh, the Gamma Quadrant. We just keep our shields maintained and pretend that it doesn't exist. :biggrin:

If we ignore them, will they go away?

I'm still hoping, but it hasn't worked yet.

Related to Need help Policy Number? Insurance

1. What is a policy number?

A policy number is a unique identifier that is assigned to an insurance policy. It is used to identify and track an individual's insurance policy and its associated information.

2. Where can I find my policy number?

Your policy number can typically be found on your insurance card, billing statement, or any other policy documents provided by your insurance company. You can also contact your insurance agent or company to obtain your policy number.

3. Can I have multiple policy numbers?

It is possible to have multiple policy numbers if you have multiple insurance policies with the same company or different policies with different insurance companies.

4. What should I do if I can't find my policy number?

If you cannot find your policy number, you should contact your insurance company directly. They will be able to assist you in locating your policy number or providing you with a new one.

5. Can I change my policy number?

In most cases, you cannot change your policy number as it is a unique identifier for your insurance policy. However, if you have a valid reason for requesting a change, such as identity theft, you can contact your insurance company to discuss your options.