Need help on a question i need review for a quiz

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about a jet car accelerating from rest and then coming to a stop with the help of its jet engine and frictional force. The person asking the question is seeking help in calculating the force of the jet engine and the constant frictional force while the car is in motion. The conversation also suggests using kinematics relations and considering the car's speed at a certain time to solve the problem.
albaboi123
i have this question that i couldn't get but it's on this quiz i have tommorow.

A 600-kg jet car accelerates from rest under the force of its jet engine.
After traveling 1.00 km in 21.0s, the jet engine shuts off and the jet car eventually comes to a rest at 1.4 km further down the track, stopped by the frictional force of the ground. Calculate the force due to the jet engine, and the constant frictional force applied while the car is in motion.

anyone can help me please?

Physics news on Phys.org
albaboi123 said:

After traveling 1.00 km in 21.0s, the jet engine shuts off and the jet car eventually comes to a rest at 1.4 km further down the track, stopped by the frictional force of the ground. Calculate the force due to the jet engine, and the constant frictional force applied while the car is in motion.

(Jet) You know how far the car has gone (from rest) in 21 s and you know it has done so with a constant acceleration. Can you think of a Kinematics relation between x, t, and a?

(Friction) Again you can figure the constant acceleration, so you can figure the net force on the car. What is causing this net force?

-Dan

albaboi123 said:

(Jet) You know how far the car has gone (from rest) in 21 s and you know it has done so with a constant acceleration. Can you think of a Kinematics relation between x, t, and a?

(Friction) Again you can figure the constant acceleration (Hint: How fast is the car moving at 21 s?), so you can figure the net force on the car. What is causing this net force?

-Dan

Related to Need help on a question i need review for a quiz

1. What is the best way to prepare for a quiz?

The best way to prepare for a quiz is to review the material regularly, practice with sample questions, and seek help from classmates or a teacher if needed.

2. How can I improve my understanding of the subject before the quiz?

To improve your understanding of the subject, try different study methods such as summarizing notes, creating flashcards, or teaching the material to someone else. It's also helpful to ask questions and actively participate in class.

3. What should I do if I'm struggling with a specific question on the quiz?

If you're struggling with a specific question, try to break it down and analyze each part. If you still can't figure it out, move on to the next question and come back to it later. It's also a good idea to check your notes or textbook for any relevant information.

4. How can I manage my time effectively during the quiz?

To manage your time effectively during the quiz, read each question carefully and don't spend too much time on one question. If you get stuck, move on and come back to it later. Also, make sure to leave enough time to review your answers before submitting the quiz.

5. How can I stay calm and focused during the quiz?

To stay calm and focused during the quiz, take deep breaths and remind yourself that you have prepared for this. Focus on one question at a time and don't let a difficult question affect your performance on the rest of the quiz. If needed, take a short break to clear your mind before continuing.