Need help for electromagnetic repulsion device

In summary, Thomas is trying to figure out how his idea will work for an electromagnetic device that if possible would repel a lid from an aluminium mold that is 6in in diameter and 52in long and 1in thick.
thomas blair
creating force with sound

Hi, I am currently building a device for the company I work for to open molds that have been plasticized together using sound. The idea is to produce a frequency that will either vibrate the lid open or push it open, but I am stumped on what calculations I need to use. Should I be calculating sound pressure or should I use some other means?

I would greatly appreciate some help!

Thomas

Engineering news on Phys.org
I should add the sound will be directed down a small hole into the hollow product inside the mold and I'm assuming that will create more pressure when the sound travels back to the lid

I am trying to figure out how my idea will work for an electromagnetic device that if possible would repel a lid from an aluminium mold that is 6in in diameter and 52in long and 1in thick would I be have to place an AC electromagnet on the opposite end of the lid while running a weaker current to the lid itself or would I need two opposing electromagnets at either end?

and the mold is in a cylindrical shape

thomas blair said:
I am trying to figure out how my idea will work for an electromagnetic device that if possible would repel a lid from an aluminium mold that is 6in in diameter and 52in long and 1in thick would I be have to place an AC electromagnet on the opposite end of the lid while running a weaker current to the lid itself or would I need two opposing electromagnets at either end?

thomas blair said:
and the mold is in a cylindrical shape

Since aluminum is non-ferrous, you will need to use eddy current forces to do this. They are used in recyclable material sorting, for example. Let us know what you find with those Google search terms... :smile:

Related to Need help for electromagnetic repulsion device

1. What is an electromagnetic repulsion device?

An electromagnetic repulsion device is a device that uses the principles of electromagnetism to create a force of repulsion between two objects. This force is created by the interaction of two magnetic fields, causing the objects to repel each other.

2. How does an electromagnetic repulsion device work?

An electromagnetic repulsion device works by using an electric current to create a magnetic field. This magnetic field then interacts with another magnetic field, either from another device or a permanent magnet, to create a force of repulsion between the two objects.

3. What are the potential applications of an electromagnetic repulsion device?

An electromagnetic repulsion device has various potential applications, including levitation technology, maglev trains, and hoverboards. It can also be used in manufacturing and industrial settings to move and manipulate objects without physical contact.

4. Are there any safety concerns with using an electromagnetic repulsion device?

Like any electrical device, an electromagnetic repulsion device can pose safety risks if not used properly. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and ensure the device is functioning correctly to prevent potential hazards such as electrical shocks or fires.

5. How can I build my own electromagnetic repulsion device?

Building an electromagnetic repulsion device can be a complex process and requires knowledge of electrical circuits and electromagnetism. It is recommended to consult a professional or thoroughly research and understand the principles and components involved before attempting to build one on your own.