Need Help Building a 2000 Watt Pure Sinewave Inverter for Final Year Project?

In summary, the conversation discusses two individuals who are both working on final year projects to build inverters. One person is using an RF2110 driver to drive 4 IRF740 in an H-bridge with a 2000 watt constant voltage transformer at the output, while the other is using a 4N28 or 4N35 to isolate the SG3524 PWM from the IR2110 with a 12V power supply. The conversation also mentions helpful resources such as a TI application note and a book on converter topologies and design.
tony457
am on final year project to build 2000watt puresinewave inverter using rf2110 driver to drive 4 irf740 in H-bridge with 2000watt constant voltage transfomer at the output of the h-bridge 4n28 or 4n35 to isolate SG3524 pwm from ir2110 with 12 v power supply i don't have a link yet on the circuit diagram help me out please

Likes Chacabucogod
Engineering news on Phys.org
I also have a final year project to build an inverter! What are your questions? I'm not an expert. Just a student like you.

tony457,
Here's something that can help you: http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slaa602/slaa602.pdf
And good book about converters' topologies, theory, design etc you can downoad from this page:
http://ecee.colorado.edu/copec/book/slides/slidedir.html
This is a book I learned from principles of power electronics during my university days. To my surprise, I've just found it as a free pdf download.
Good luck with your project!

Cool! I'm using Erickson's book.

I am excited to hear about your final year project to build a 2000 watt pure sinewave inverter. This is a complex and challenging project, and I commend you for taking it on.

From what you have described, it seems like you have a solid plan in place. Using the RF2110 driver to drive 4 IRF740 in an H-bridge configuration is a good choice for high power applications. Additionally, using a 2000 watt constant voltage transformer at the output of the H-bridge will help ensure a stable and consistent output voltage.

Regarding the isolation of the SG3524 PWM from the IR2110, using 4N28 or 4N35 optocouplers is a suitable solution. These components will provide electrical isolation between the two circuits, helping to prevent any interference or damage.

As for the circuit diagram, I would suggest consulting with your project advisor or conducting some research to find a suitable reference design. There are many resources available online that can help guide you in building a high-power pure sinewave inverter.

Overall, your project shows a deep understanding of power electronics and I am confident that you will be able to successfully build a high-quality 2000 watt pure sinewave inverter. Good luck with your project!

Related to Need Help Building a 2000 Watt Pure Sinewave Inverter for Final Year Project?

1. What is a 2000 watt sinewave inverter?

A 2000 watt sinewave inverter is an electronic device that converts direct current (DC) electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity at a rate of 2000 watts. It is used to power AC devices, such as household appliances, in locations where only DC power is available.

2. What is the difference between a sinewave inverter and a regular inverter?

A sinewave inverter produces a smoother and more stable output of AC electricity compared to a regular inverter, which may produce a modified or square wave output. This makes a sinewave inverter more suitable for sensitive electronic devices, as it mimics the AC power from a standard wall outlet.

3. What are the benefits of using a 2000 watt sinewave inverter?

Using a 2000 watt sinewave inverter allows you to power a wider range of devices, including those that require a clean and stable AC power source. It also reduces the risk of damage to sensitive electronics and can provide a more efficient use of energy.

4. Can a 2000 watt sinewave inverter be used for both residential and commercial purposes?

Yes, a 2000 watt sinewave inverter can be used for both residential and commercial purposes. It is commonly used in homes, RVs, and boats for powering appliances and electronic devices. It can also be used in commercial settings to power equipment and tools.

5. How do I choose the right size of a sinewave inverter for my needs?

The size of a sinewave inverter is typically measured in watts, and it is important to choose one that can handle the wattage of the devices you plan to power. A 2000 watt sinewave inverter is suitable for powering multiple small electronic devices or a few larger appliances. It is recommended to add up the wattage of all the devices you plan to use simultaneously and choose an inverter with a slightly higher wattage rating to accommodate any power surges.