Need book recommendation for difficult multiple choice problems

In summary, the person is looking for resources for difficult multiple choice questions on physics, specifically on topics such as motion, rotation, light, and electro-magnetics. They are looking for suggestions for an 18-year-old study group who are about to enter college for a BS degree in physics. One recommendation given is Lewis Epstein's 'Thinking physics'. However, the person also mentions that multiple guess problems are not a common format for physics questions post GCSE. They ask for any other helpful inputs.
mjain79
I need to quiz small study group. Looking for book/other-resources for difficult multiple choice questions on physics (motion, rotation, light, electro-magnetics etc.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Give us a clue; Roughly what age & ability are your study group?

I can recommend Lewis Epstein's 'Thinking physics' for just about any age group.

rgds,
dave

it's for age group of 18 years..people who are about to enter College for BS degree (physics).

Any inputs will help.

Thanks,
MJ

Sry, being slow on the uptake I didn't spot the requirement for multiple guess problems.

I'm afraid that's not a common format for physics questions post GCSE, for a number of reasons.

I can recommend sources of challenging problems, but let's see if anyone else can be more directly helpful !

There are many great resources available for difficult multiple choice questions on physics. Some recommendations include:

1. "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Douglas C. Giancoli: This textbook offers a comprehensive review of various topics in physics, including motion, rotation, light, and electromagnetics. It also includes challenging multiple choice questions to test your understanding.

2. "5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics 1: Algebra-Based" by Greg Jacobs: This book is specifically designed for students preparing for the AP Physics 1 exam. It includes difficult multiple choice questions with detailed explanations to help you understand the concepts.

3. "Cracking the AP Physics 1 Exam" by The Princeton Review: Another helpful resource for students preparing for the AP Physics 1 exam, this book includes practice tests and challenging multiple choice questions to help you improve your skills.

4. Khan Academy: This online platform offers free video lessons and practice questions on various topics in physics, including motion, rotation, light, and electromagnetics. The practice questions range from easy to difficult, allowing you to test your knowledge and identify areas for improvement.

5. Physics Forums: This online forum is a great place to connect with other students and experts in physics. You can ask for book recommendations and also find challenging multiple choice questions to quiz your study group.

I hope these recommendations help you in finding a suitable resource for your study group. Remember to also utilize practice tests and previous exams to get familiar with the format and types of questions you may encounter. Good luck!

Related to Need book recommendation for difficult multiple choice problems

1. How can I find a book with difficult multiple choice problems?

There are several ways to find books with difficult multiple choice problems. One option is to search for study guides or review books specifically designed for standardized tests or exams that have a reputation for challenging multiple choice questions. Another option is to look for books that focus on critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as these often include difficult multiple choice questions. Additionally, browsing through the education or test preparation sections of a bookstore or library can help you discover books with challenging multiple choice problems.

2. What subject should the book cover for difficult multiple choice problems?

The subject matter of the book will depend on the type of test or exam you are preparing for. For example, if you are studying for a standardized test like the SAT or ACT, the book should cover a range of subjects such as math, reading, and writing. If you are preparing for a specific subject-based test, such as biology or history, the book should cover that subject in depth with challenging multiple choice questions related to that subject.

3. Are there any recommended authors or publishers for difficult multiple choice problems?

There are many authors and publishers who specialize in creating study guides and review books with challenging multiple choice questions. Some popular authors include Kaplan, The Princeton Review, and Barron's. It is also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from educators or fellow students who have used these types of books for test preparation.

4. Are there any online resources for difficult multiple choice problems?

Yes, there are many online resources that offer difficult multiple choice problems for test preparation. These can include practice tests, question banks, and study guides. Some popular websites for finding challenging multiple choice questions include Khan Academy, College Board, and Study.com. Additionally, many test prep books also have online resources that can be accessed with the purchase of the book.

5. How should I use the book to effectively prepare for difficult multiple choice problems?

There are a few strategies you can use to effectively prepare for difficult multiple choice problems using a book. First, make sure to read the instructions and format of the test you are preparing for, so you know what types of questions to expect. Next, set a study schedule and make sure to cover all the subjects and topics included in the test. Practice answering multiple choice questions under timed conditions to simulate the test environment. Finally, use the answer explanations provided in the book to understand your mistakes and improve your test-taking strategies.