Need Algebra Studying Resource Help (Thanks)

In summary, for those in need of help with studying algebra, there are many resources available. Online tutorials, practice problems, and study guides can be found on various websites and educational platforms. Additionally, seeking assistance from a tutor or joining a study group can also be beneficial. By utilizing these resources and putting in dedicated effort and practice, students can improve their understanding and mastery of algebra concepts.
SinaloanGods
About to start reviewing for a math test but it has been ages since I was in school. Hoping some of you math savants could help me out.

Will hope to understand and be able to complete these two exams. Starting with the first one below. (Do you guys know of a better exam to test and know Alegra?) These two looked fairly in-depth and comprehensive.

https://cms.springbranchisd.com/Por...ebra I B Review.pdf?ver=2015-06-18-150512-263

http://www.atlantiscs.org/wp-content/uploads/Summer-Math-Entering-GR.-11-Honors.pdf

My weak spot is factoring, in particular, factoring radicals. If anyone knows a great source online that breaks it down in a simple way let me know.

About to begin doing the problems. Will ask here when I get stuck.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out. Much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
The first hyperlinked item seems mostly intermediate algebra, and the second linked item obviously is introductory algebra. Consider spending maybe 2 or 3 months reviewing intermediate algebra from your favorite textbook (real hard-bound copy). Everything should come back to you with study/restudy and practice.

symbolipoint said:
The first hyperlinked item seems mostly intermediate algebra, and the second linked item obviously is introductory algebra. Consider spending maybe 2 or 3 months reviewing intermediate algebra from your favorite textbook (real hard-bound copy). Everything should come back to you with study/restudy and practice.

Wish I had that much time. Gotta be a crash course review.

Thanks, so I will focus on the first exam.

SinaloanGods said:
If anyone knows a great source online that breaks it down in a simple way let me know.

Try:

http://www.examsolutions.net/

Likes SinaloanGods
Also www.mathispower4u.com has a series of short ten minute videos on specific topics in Algebra. You could checkout the ones on factoring and if they work out check others as you run into problems. Each video usually does one to two problems in full so you can start and stop the video as you try to work them out for yourself.

Likes SinaloanGods
My weak spot is factoring, in particular, factoring radicals. If anyone knows a great source online that breaks it down in a simple way let me know.
If just that is your weak spot or the weak area, then review from whatever sources, rules of exponents. That is essentially what factoring is or at least a large part of it. You want to relearn factoring and products, and the way notation for radicals works. Radicals are just another way of showing rational exponents. You would not really need two-or-more months to review this; just maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

Related to Need Algebra Studying Resource Help (Thanks)

1. What is the best resource to study algebra?

There are many resources available to study algebra, but the best resource ultimately depends on your learning style and specific needs. Some popular options include textbooks, online courses, tutoring services, and study guides. It's important to choose a resource that is comprehensive, easy to understand, and aligns with your learning goals.

2. Can you recommend a free algebra study resource?

Yes, there are several free resources available for studying algebra. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Math Planet, and Purplemath. These resources offer tutorials, practice problems, and other helpful materials to improve your algebra skills.

3. How can I make studying algebra more enjoyable?

Studying algebra can be challenging, but there are ways to make it more enjoyable. One tip is to find a study partner or join a study group to make the learning process more interactive and engaging. You can also try incorporating fun activities, such as creating flashcards or using online games, to help reinforce the concepts.

4. Are there any tips for improving my algebra skills?

Some tips for improving your algebra skills include practicing regularly, breaking down complex problems into smaller steps, and seeking help from a tutor or teacher when needed. It's also important to understand the underlying concepts rather than just memorizing formulas or procedures.

5. How can I stay motivated while studying algebra?

Staying motivated while studying algebra can be challenging, but setting realistic goals and tracking your progress can help. It's also helpful to take breaks and reward yourself for completing tasks. Additionally, reminding yourself of the practical applications of algebra and how it can help you in the future can provide motivation to keep studying.