Need a better physics engine for my AI robotics

In summary, the conversation discusses an easy way to get a robot with a GPU, but the physics engine is poor, resulting in unrealistic movement. The speaker is looking for help to improve the physics and collision with other objects, possibly through the use of ROS.
rouncer
TL;DR Summary
video-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HnMPvNpEP0 ai good - physics poor.
Summary: video-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HnMPvNpEP0 ai good - physics poor.

Ive stumbled apon an easy way to get a robot going with a gpu. I just treat it like a linear search and cap it off at the size of the gpu, and I get to brute force a good 3 steps in front.

Only problem is, my physics engine is terrible, and its walking unrealisticly, because the physics is unrealistic.

Im aware this is a motorized ragdoll system, there's good basic stuff on the internet, but I need some clues to how to get things properly realistic.

The body is a complex pendulum, but i need more than how it swings, I need to collide with things, and also have it motorized.

Any body with any help for me? This could be amazing if I get it better.

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is a physics engine?

A physics engine is a software component that simulates real-world physical interactions, such as gravity, collisions, and friction, in a virtual environment. It is used in video games, simulations, and robotics to create realistic movement and behavior.

2. Why do I need a better physics engine for my AI robotics?

A better physics engine can improve the accuracy and realism of your AI robotics. It can also allow for more complex movements and interactions, leading to more advanced and sophisticated behaviors.

3. What factors should I consider when choosing a physics engine for my AI robotics?

Some important factors to consider include the level of accuracy needed for your specific application, the complexity of interactions you want to simulate, and the compatibility of the physics engine with your programming language and platform.

4. Can I use a pre-existing physics engine or do I need to create my own?

There are many pre-existing physics engines available that can be integrated into your AI robotics project. However, depending on your specific needs and goals, you may need to create your own custom physics engine.

5. How can I test and evaluate the performance of a physics engine for my AI robotics?

You can test and evaluate a physics engine by running it in a controlled environment and comparing its results to real-world physics. You can also conduct experiments and gather data to measure the accuracy and efficiency of the engine in different scenarios.