My Website - Calculus and DE tutorials

In summary, a new website has been created with a mathematics tutorial section including topics ranging from calc 1 to calc 3. The author plans to add more advanced tutorials in the future. The website also includes a section on vectors, with a minor error that has since been corrected. The website is accessible at www.thehowandwhy.com.
SockCymbal
Hey guys, I just made a website and I included a mathematics tutorial section. The topics range from calc 1 - 3 (the basics). Some of the stuff at this point might be much to easy for you guys, but I'll be adding much harder calculus tutorials and DE tutorials as well. Just got to start at the beginning before I pile on the hard stuff :)

www.thehowandwhy.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
SockCymbal said:
Hey guys, I just made a website and I included a mathematics tutorial section. The topics range from calc 1 - 3 (the basics). Some of the stuff at this point might be much to easy for you guys, but I'll be adding much harder calculus tutorials and DE tutorials as well. Just got to start at the beginning before I pile on the hard stuff :)

www.thehowandwhy.com[/URL][/QUOTE]
It isn't loading here...

yea sorry, i had to quickly change hosts...ill keep you updated

ok, its back up! www.thehowandwhy.com[/URL]

check out the math section...pretty basic so far, but may be of some help to people.

Nice site. I'd just like to correct something under vectors though. The projection of b onto a should actually be:

[tex]\text{proj}_{\vec{a}}\vec{b}=\frac{\vec{a}\cdot\vec{b}}{\mathbf{\vec{a}\cdot\vec{a}}}\,\vec{a}[/tex]

I think you only had |a| in the denominator.

Alex

thanks! you are correct, i meant to put |a|^2 in the denominator, since a dot a = |a|^2.

thanks again, ill update it right now.

Related to My Website - Calculus and DE tutorials

What topics are covered in the calculus and DE tutorials on your website?

The tutorials on my website cover a wide range of topics in calculus and differential equations, including limits, derivatives, integrals, differential equations, and applications of calculus in real-world problems.

Are the tutorials suitable for beginners or are they more advanced?

The tutorials are designed to be accessible for both beginners and those with some prior knowledge of calculus and differential equations. The material is presented in a clear and organized manner, with helpful examples and practice problems to aid understanding.

Do you offer any resources for practicing and testing knowledge?

Yes, my website includes a variety of practice problems and quizzes for each topic covered in the tutorials. Additionally, there are links to external resources for further practice and testing.

Can I access the tutorials and resources for free?

Yes, all of the tutorials and resources on my website are completely free to access and use. I believe that education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial constraints.

Do you offer any personalized assistance or tutoring?

At this time, I do not offer personalized assistance or tutoring services. However, I am always open to feedback and suggestions for improvement, and I try my best to respond to any questions or concerns that users may have about the material on my website.