Move Thread to General Physics | Physics Forums

• Thread starter techmologist
  • Start date
In summary, "Move Thread to General Physics | Physics Forums" is a feature on the Physics Forums website that allows users to move a discussion thread from one forum to the General Physics forum. To use this feature, one must be a moderator or have sufficient privileges on the forum. It should be used when the original forum is not the most appropriate for the topic being discussed, and when a thread is moved to General Physics, it will no longer appear in its original forum but will be accessible in the General Physics forum. It is also possible for moderators and users with sufficient privileges to move a thread back to its original forum if necessary.
Physics news on Phys.org
Use the report button to request the move. Ignore the crazy explanation that says that you should only use it to report "unappropriated" posts.

It may be more efficient to PM a particularly active moderator, rather than waiting for them to come here. EDIT: Instead, go with Fredrik's suggestion.

Good idea. I will report myself! Thanks :)

Related to Move Thread to General Physics | Physics Forums

1. What is "Move Thread to General Physics | Physics Forums"?

"Move Thread to General Physics | Physics Forums" is a feature on the Physics Forums website that allows users to move a discussion thread from one forum to the General Physics forum. This is typically done when the original forum is not the most appropriate for the topic being discussed.

2. How do I move a thread to General Physics?

To move a thread to General Physics, you must be a moderator or have sufficient privileges on the forum. Simply click on the "Move Thread" button located at the bottom of the thread, select "General Physics" as the destination forum, and click "Move".

3. When should I use the "Move Thread to General Physics" feature?

This feature should be used when the original forum is not the most appropriate for the topic being discussed. For example, if a thread about a specific physics experiment is posted in the Mathematics forum, it would be more suitable to move it to the General Physics forum.

4. What happens to the thread when it is moved to General Physics?

When a thread is moved to General Physics, it will no longer appear in its original forum. It will now be accessible in the General Physics forum, where it will be more visible to other users who are interested in that topic.

5. Can I move a thread back to its original forum after it has been moved to General Physics?

Yes, moderators and users with sufficient privileges can move a thread back to its original forum. Simply click on the "Move Thread" button, select the original forum as the destination, and click "Move". Keep in mind that this should only be done if the original forum is now more suitable for the thread.