Modeling with first order linear differential equations

In summary, the conversation involves a student needing help with a problem that involves two equations. They have solved for one variable but are unsure of which equation to use to solve for the final answer. They have also received no replies for their question. They are looking for clarification on their setup and which equation to use for the final step.
DODGEVIPER13

Homework Statement

uploaded file (Problem 5)

Homework Equations

uploaded file

The Attempt at a Solution

Ok so I think I have the correct answer but the problem is I don't know how to solve for the actual answer with 2 equations which one do I plug into? Sorry for all the erasing!

Attachments

• EPSON009.jpg
    EPSON009.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 355
  • EPSON010.jpg
    EPSON010.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 376
  • EPSON011.jpg
    EPSON011.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 395
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh an the 1400000 is suppose to be there sorry it is so light and I solved the t = 71.7994 using wolfram.

Uggg no replies, I guess my problem was too long or something?

Can someone please help me out I don't think it is too outrageous I have already done the work it is quite literally just plugging and playing from here my question simply is first did I get the set up right and if I did then what do I plug in at the end?

Related to Modeling with first order linear differential equations

1. What is the purpose of using first order linear differential equations in modeling?

First order linear differential equations are commonly used in modeling because they can accurately describe the relationship between a dependent variable and its rate of change, which is often necessary in scientific and mathematical models.

2. How do you solve a first order linear differential equation?

The most common method for solving first order linear differential equations is by using separation of variables. This involves isolating the dependent and independent variables on opposite sides of the equation and then integrating both sides.

3. Can first order linear differential equations be used to model real-world phenomena?

Yes, first order linear differential equations can be used to model various real-world phenomena such as population growth, chemical reactions, and electrical circuits. They provide a simplified yet accurate representation of these complex systems.

4. What are the limitations of using first order linear differential equations in modeling?

One limitation of using first order linear differential equations is that they can only model systems with constant coefficients. They also assume that the rate of change remains constant over time, which may not always be the case in real-world situations.

5. How do you validate the accuracy of a model created using first order linear differential equations?

The accuracy of a model can be validated by comparing its predictions to real-world data. If the model closely matches the actual data, it can be considered a good fit. Additionally, sensitivity analysis can be performed to assess the impact of small changes in the initial conditions or parameters on the model's predictions.