Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] MHB Rules Section

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
Hello all!

I was working my way through the rules section of our beloved site when I noticed a rather odd occurrence. The bolding of some rules was rather sporadic. This may be just my OCD kicking in a tad, but, it is a question of whether or not the time and energy should be put in to change this.

A few options spring to mind.
1) We can begin all rules bold.
2) We can remove bolding all together.
3) We can have bolding on just the "most important" rules.
4) Tying into 1, we can bold them all and have the "most important" have a color change.
5) Not even worth the effort to change a thing.
6) HERE IS COMMUNITY FEEDBACK TIME

Let all be heard in the most important of matters :p. (read mildly sarcastically)

Thanks,
Austin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Number 3) is the route I have taken thus far. It's definitely intentional. Typically, the rules that are violated the most often tend to be the ones I have bolded; they also tend to be the rules that most severely limit the effectiveness of MHB. Now, we can debate how this works, whether there are other rules you think are more important. I personally think that bolding in a very limited way makes it more effective. The stuff we want to stand out stands out. Bolding the first part of every rule would make it more difficult for the more important rules (and there are some!) to stand out.