MET Graduate Programs: Find Your Own Path

In summary, the MET graduate program provides advanced education and training in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics. It offers a wide range of graduate programs, including master's degrees, doctoral degrees, and certificate programs. Students can also customize their program through the "Find Your Own Path" option. Admission requirements vary, but generally include a bachelor's degree, competitive GPA, and strong test scores. Many of the graduate programs are also available online for added flexibility.
Andy112789
I'm currently an MET student at UMaine. I like what I'm doing a lot, I just feel like it is very technical and won't allow me to be accredited to do anything else but 'execute someone elses plans' instead of designing something of my own. Does anyone know of any graduate programs for MET? Or better yet any examples of different, more versatile career paths. Any help would be appreciated, I'm really on the fence. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
mechanical engineering technology vs. mechanical engineering

Related to MET Graduate Programs: Find Your Own Path

1. What is the purpose of a MET graduate program?

The purpose of a MET graduate program is to provide advanced education and training in a specific field, typically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics. These programs are designed to prepare students for careers in research, industry, or academia.

2. What types of graduate programs are offered by MET?

MET offers a wide range of graduate programs, including master's degrees, doctoral degrees, and certificate programs. These programs cover a variety of disciplines, such as computer science, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, and more.

3. Can I customize my graduate program at MET?

Yes, MET offers a "Find Your Own Path" program that allows students to customize their graduate program to fit their individual interests and career goals. Students can choose from a variety of elective courses and specialized concentrations to tailor their program to their specific needs.

4. What are the admission requirements for a MET graduate program?

The admission requirements for a MET graduate program vary depending on the specific program and degree. Generally, applicants are required to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, a competitive GPA, and strong test scores (such as the GRE). Some programs may also require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and relevant work experience.

5. Can I pursue a MET graduate program online?

Yes, many of MET's graduate programs are available online, offering a flexible and convenient option for students who are unable to attend classes on campus. These online programs have the same rigorous curriculum and are taught by the same faculty as the on-campus programs.