Mechanical System 1D: Need Help?

In summary, the conversation discusses the motion of a one-dimensional mechanical system with energy E and a potential that satisfies certain conditions. The question asks for the limit of this motion as E approaches infinity. However, more information is needed to determine the specific function and context of the problem.
TheDispStud
New poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork problems
Homework Statement
Let's consider the motion with energy E of a one-dimensional mechanical system whose potential satisfies : V(x)=V(-x) lim(x→ + ∞) V(x)/x^2= + ∞
Relevant Equations
Determine the limit for E → + ∞ of this motion
I have no idea about a possible solution, please help me :)

Physics news on Phys.org
TheDispStud said:
Homework Statement:: Let's consider the motion with energy E of a one-dimensional mechanical system whose potential satisfies : V(x)=V(-x) lim(x→ + ∞) V(x)/x^2= + ∞
Relevant Equations:: Determine the limit for E → + ∞ of this motion

I have no idea about a possible solution, please help me :)
According to the guidelines, you need to make an effort:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/homework-help-guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686781/

TheDispStud said:
Determine the limit for E → + ∞ of this motion
lim of which function? for any motion E=const
I do not understand what this is. For example ##L=\dot x^2/2-V,\quad V=(x^2-1)^2## and?

Related to Mechanical System 1D: Need Help?

1. What is a mechanical system 1D?

A mechanical system 1D is a simplified model used to study the motion of a single object in one dimension. It takes into account the forces acting on the object and how they affect its position, velocity, and acceleration.

2. What are the basic components of a mechanical system 1D?

The basic components of a mechanical system 1D include a single object, forces acting on the object, and a reference frame to measure the object's motion.

3. How do I solve problems involving mechanical system 1D?

To solve problems involving mechanical system 1D, you need to apply Newton's laws of motion, which state that the sum of all forces acting on an object is equal to its mass multiplied by its acceleration. You also need to use kinematic equations to describe the object's motion.

4. What are some real-life examples of mechanical system 1D?

Some real-life examples of mechanical system 1D include a ball rolling down a ramp, a car accelerating on a straight road, and a pendulum swinging back and forth.

5. How can I improve my understanding of mechanical system 1D?

To improve your understanding of mechanical system 1D, you can practice solving problems and working through examples. You can also read textbooks or watch online tutorials to learn more about the principles and applications of this system.