Mech Engineer, Electronic circuit noob

In summary, the individual is seeking guidance on designing a circuit board for a mobile robot with two motor outputs and 8-12 sensors. They are looking for existing circuit boards that fit their needs and have limited knowledge on circuitry design. They mention a possible option of using a PIC for programming and share links to a kit and other parts they have used in the past for similar projects.
Jones1987
Hi,

I'm designing and building a mobile robot, however I have to find / design a circuit board that incorporates two motor outputs, and possibly 8-12 sensors. The circuit also has to be a PIC, to allow me to program the robot to carry out specific tasks autonomously.

I have 0% knowledge on circuitry design, so if anyone could lead me in the correct direction of how I would design something of this spec, or even show me what current circuit boards currently exist that fit my needs.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You don't say how large. This kit is kinda nice and there are parts of interest here too:
http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/Store.jsp

I have some little cars of about the same size, using the same motor technology, based on mica2 'sensor net' controllers from memsic.com which have two way radios and a really torturous "tinyos" programming system:
http://memsic.com/products/wireless-sensor-networks/wireless-modules.html
But I haven't posted very much documentation...just a tad here:
http://www.etantdonnes.com/ROBOCAR/Collective/robocars.html

Related to Mech Engineer, Electronic circuit noob

What is a mechanical engineer?

A mechanical engineer is a professional who designs, builds, and maintains mechanical systems, such as engines, machines, and tools. They use principles of physics and mathematics to create solutions for various engineering problems.

What does a mechanical engineer do?

A mechanical engineer's main role is to design and develop mechanical systems and devices, such as engines, machines, and tools. They also analyze and troubleshoot existing systems, and use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create detailed designs. Additionally, they may oversee the manufacturing and installation of their designs.

What is an electronic circuit?

An electronic circuit is a closed loop of conductive material that allows electricity to flow and perform a specific function. It is made up of components such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, and diodes, connected by conductive wires.

What is a noob in electronic circuits?

A noob, or newbie, in electronic circuits refers to someone who is new to the field and has limited knowledge or experience with electronic circuits. They may be unfamiliar with basic concepts and terminology, but are eager to learn and improve their skills.

What skills are required to become a successful mechanical engineer and electronic circuit noob?

To become a successful mechanical engineer and electronic circuit noob, one needs a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer skills. Additionally, attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and creativity are important for designing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic systems. Continuous learning and staying updated with new technologies and techniques is also crucial in this field.