Maximum work delivered by a turbine

Peng-Robinson equation of state and trial and error until the difference between the entropy at points 2 and 1 was equal to 0. However, even after multiple attempts, the difference never approached 0 and instead had a final value of 21 j/mole.K. Chetan then used this value to calculate the difference in enthalpy between the two points, as ΔH = work. However, the resulting answer was incorrect. Chetan is looking for an alternative method to calculate the work and is also seeking an explanation for why the difference in entropy did not approach 0. In summary, Chetan is trying to calculate the maximum work delivered by a turbine using
HCM
Hi everyone :
I have a question: how to calculate the maximum work delivered by a turbine. Steam input T and pressure are given plus the outlet pressure only. Using Peng-Robinson equation of state. Adiabatic process.

I tried to find outlet temperature by trial and error using Peng-Robinson EOS until delta S (S2-S1)=0, (S is entropy) . but delta S never approached 0 . its final value was around 21 j/mole.K . I used it though to calculate delta H (H2-H1) because delta H = work . (H is the enthalpy)... but the answer was wrong very wrong >> I used MATLAB for my calculations . I'm sure of the equations and everything . So is there another way to calculate the work?
and anyone knows why delta S didn't even approach 0 !

Thanks in advance :) ..

Physics news on Phys.org
Show us what you did to find the conditions at which ΔS=0.

Chet

Related to Maximum work delivered by a turbine

What is the definition of maximum work delivered by a turbine?

The maximum work delivered by a turbine is the highest amount of energy that can be converted into useful work by the turbine. It is typically measured in units of joules (J).

How is the maximum work delivered by a turbine calculated?

The maximum work delivered by a turbine is calculated using the formula W = mgh, where W is the work done, m is the mass of the fluid passing through the turbine, g is the acceleration due to gravity, and h is the height difference between the inlet and outlet of the turbine.

What factors affect the maximum work delivered by a turbine?

The maximum work delivered by a turbine is affected by various factors including the size and design of the turbine, the type of fluid being used, the temperature and pressure of the fluid, and the efficiency of the turbine.

Can the maximum work delivered by a turbine be increased?

Yes, the maximum work delivered by a turbine can be increased by improving the design of the turbine, using more efficient materials, and optimizing the operating conditions such as the fluid flow rate and temperature.

Why is the maximum work delivered by a turbine an important concept in energy production?

The maximum work delivered by a turbine is an important concept in energy production because it determines the efficiency and output of a turbine. By understanding and optimizing the maximum work delivered, energy production can be made more sustainable and cost-effective.