Matter, energy (equal) AND Trues

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of truths being in the same category as matter and energy, and how this relates to the speed of light as a limit. The speaker also expresses their personal belief that objective truths do not exist and asks for book recommendations on the topic.
danne89
Grettings! I don't know if I've the required knowleage to post here, but...

I read a book there they told about the existens of trues as something in the same class as matter (or energy). A smart way to compensate for the limit of the speed of the light. Personally, I don't believe in objective trues, or not yet at least. I think I need some future discusion about this. Any good book, or something?

Physics news on Phys.org
danne89 said:
Grettings! I don't know if I've the required knowleage to post here, but...

I read a book there they told about the existens of trues as something in the same class as matter (or energy). A smart way to compensate for the limit of the speed of the light. Personally, I don't believe in objective trues, or not yet at least. I think I need some future discusion about this. Any good book, or something?

There appear to be some language difficulties here. What do you mean by 'trues'? Do you mean truths?

Yes, I'm sorry.

What's the name of the book?

I'm not sure about what exactly the claims here are. What does it mean for matter and energy to be in the same class as truths? And how does it apply to the speed of light as a fundamental speed limit?

Truths do exist, in the same sense that matter and energy do. They are both products of the human consciousness. Truths, like most things, lose their meaning if no one is around to interperet them; but they never go away, they remain true for future interpreters. Everything that exists, exists.

hypnagogue said:
What's the name of the book?

I'm not sure about what exactly the claims here are. What does it mean for matter and energy to be in the same class as truths? And how does it apply to the speed of light as a fundamental speed limit?

I get the feeling the book he read was saying that truths are all relative to a particular observational perspective, much like mass and energy have come to be viewed in physics. Probably just an analogy to help explain what the author feels the true (if such a thing is possible in his framework) nature of truth to be.

Related to Matter, energy (equal) AND Trues

1. What is matter and energy?

Matter and energy are two fundamental components of the universe. Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space, while energy is the ability to do work or cause change.

2. What is the relationship between matter and energy?

The relationship between matter and energy is described by Einstein's famous equation, E=mc², which states that energy and matter are interchangeable and can be converted into one another.

3. What is the law of conservation of energy?

The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed from one form to another. This means that the total amount of energy in a closed system remains constant.

4. How does matter and energy relate to the concept of Trues?

The concept of Trues, or truth, is often associated with the fundamental laws and principles that govern the universe, including the laws of matter and energy. It can also refer to the pursuit of knowledge and understanding of the natural world.

5. How do scientists study matter and energy?

Scientists use a variety of methods and tools, such as experiments, observations, and mathematical models, to study and understand the properties and behaviors of matter and energy. These findings are then used to develop theories and make predictions about the natural world.