MATLAB - Sophisticated Image Processing/Rendering

In summary, the conversation discusses a student's struggle with understanding how to use MRI data in MATLAB and a suggestion to use a tutorial as a reference. The student also mentions experimenting with the code and finding success when adding the "clf" command after the "isonormals" function.
GreenPrint
THIS WAS SOVLED

Homework Statement

My book did a very bad job explaining the matter. I have no idea what function(s) I should even use to solve this problem using the MRI data that comes with MATLAB

An MRI visualization example is shown in the help tutorial. Copy and paste the commands into an M-file and run the example. Be sure to add the clf command before drawing each new plot.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm suppose to add the clf command to get the results the question is expecting from me. I missed around with the code and the only way I could a result different than from the original code was by adding it right after the isonormals function, this is the tutorial it's making refernce to and the code can be found at the bottom http://www.mathworks.com/h​elp/techdoc/ref/reducevolu​me.html

THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i was able to solve the first part so i got rid of it

Related to MATLAB - Sophisticated Image Processing/Rendering

1. What is MATLAB used for in image processing and rendering?

MATLAB is a powerful software tool that is used for a variety of scientific and engineering applications, including image processing and rendering. It provides a wide range of functions and tools for manipulating, analyzing, and displaying images, making it a popular choice for researchers and professionals in the field.

2. Can MATLAB handle large datasets for image processing and rendering?

Yes, MATLAB is capable of handling large datasets for image processing and rendering. It has built-in functions for efficient memory management and parallel processing, allowing it to handle large amounts of data without compromising on performance.

3. What are some of the key features of MATLAB for image processing and rendering?

MATLAB offers a variety of features for image processing and rendering, including built-in functions for image enhancement, filtering, segmentation, and registration. It also has powerful visualization capabilities, allowing users to create 2D and 3D plots and animations of their processed images.

4. Can I use MATLAB for both 2D and 3D image processing and rendering?

Yes, MATLAB is capable of handling both 2D and 3D image processing and rendering. It has a variety of functions and toolboxes specifically designed for 3D image processing, such as the Image Processing Toolbox and the Computer Vision Toolbox.

5. Is MATLAB suitable for beginners in image processing and rendering?

MATLAB can be a suitable option for beginners in image processing and rendering, as it has a user-friendly interface and a variety of tutorials and documentation available online. However, it does require some programming knowledge and may have a steeper learning curve for those with no prior experience in coding.