Mathematica: Illustrate a 3D vector field

Mathematica. You can also adjust the arrow size using the option "VectorStyle". In summary, to plot a clear 3D vector field, you can use Mathematica's VectorPlot3D function with the appropriate options such as "VectorStyle".
skrat

Homework Statement

Hi,
Firstly, let me apologize if this is not exactly the right topic to ask this questions. But since it is homework and since most of the Physicists for sure illustrate a 3D vector field, I decided to post it here.

Attached I have two files with 3D vectors.

How does one plot a 3D vector field, so that important things can still be seen? :/
View attachment tocke.txt
View attachment polje.txt

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I used Mathematica to plot them like this:
Code:
Graphics3D[
 Table[{Arrowheads[.02], 
   Arrow[{tocke[[i]], polje[[i]] + tocke[[i]]}]}, {i, 1, 1331}], 
 Axes -> True]

Sadly, the picture I get is extremely horrible and nothing can actually be seen.
magnet.png

And I was hoping one of you might now a better idea on how to draw a 3D vector space? Hopefully.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can plot 3D vector fields using
Code:
VectorPlot3D

Related to Mathematica: Illustrate a 3D vector field

1. How do I create a 3D vector field in Mathematica?

To create a 3D vector field in Mathematica, you can use the VectorPlot3D function. This function takes in three arguments: the vector field, the range of values for the x, y, and z coordinates, and the options for the appearance of the plot.

2. Can I customize the appearance of the vector field in Mathematica?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the vector field in Mathematica using the options available in the VectorPlot3D function. These options include changing the color, size, and style of the vectors, as well as adding labels and legends to the plot.

3. How can I add multiple vector fields to a single plot in Mathematica?

To add multiple vector fields to a single plot in Mathematica, you can use the Show function. This function allows you to combine multiple graphics objects, including vector fields, into one plot.

4. Is it possible to animate a 3D vector field in Mathematica?

Yes, you can animate a 3D vector field in Mathematica using the Animate function. This function allows you to create a sequence of plots with different values for a specified variable, creating the illusion of movement.

5. Can I export a 3D vector field plot from Mathematica to other software?

Yes, you can export a 3D vector field plot from Mathematica to other software such as Adobe Illustrator or MATLAB. You can use the Export function to save the plot in various file formats, including EPS, PDF, and SVG.