Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a website or list that contains various math rules, including algebra, logarithms, power, differentiation, elasticity, substitution, sequence, and fractions. The participants recommend using Wikipedia for a general overview and tables of rules, Khan Academy for a visual and verbal explanation, and Schaum's Outline's Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and Tables as a reference. The idea of creating one's own list of rules from textbooks is also suggested, but it may be time-consuming. Finally, one participant recommends the Malmath app for learning math.
zebo
Hello, i just discovered this site and i love the work you guys are doing, helping people like me with math and physics etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows a website / list / etc with math-rules, like algebra, logarithms, power, rules for differentiation, elasticity, substitution, sequence, fractions and so on?

I would love a list with all the different rules, and am trying to avoid going through all my books to make it myself, so if anyone knows a good site / has a pdf or word document lying around i would love to know :)

-zebo

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I usually go to the wikipedia site for a general subfield (like logs or trig) to find a handy table with the familiar rules.

And Kahn academy for a visual / verbal - even the Unis recommend them.

zebo said:
Hello, i just discovered this site and i love the work you guys are doing, helping people like me with math and physics etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows a website / list / etc with math-rules, like algebra, logarithms, power, rules for differentiation, elasticity, substitution, sequence, fractions and so on?

I would love a list with all the different rules, and am trying to avoid going through all my books to make it myself, so if anyone knows a good site / has a pdf or word document lying around i would love to know :)

-zebo

In my opinion, going through the books and making the list for yourself is the absolute best way to learn the material: it forces you to synthesis and ponder the material at a slow-enough pace that your mind has a chance to absorb it properly.

Likes aikismos and RJLiberator
Thank you all for your fast replies.

Windadct said:
And Kahn academy for a visual / verbal - even the Unis recommend them.

Kahn academy is great, and i use it often for practice, but i just need a list of the different mathematical rules for different topics, since i have an exam coming up within the next couple of months. I can't memorize all the rules so a list would come in handy.

jedishrfu said:
Schaum's Outline has an indispensable reference called The Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and Tables

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071795375/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Thank you, i will definitely check it out, already found a pdf online of an old version.

Ray Vickson said:
In my opinion, going through the books and making the list for yourself is the absolute best way to learn the material: it forces you to synthesis and ponder the material at a slow-enough pace that your mind has a chance to absorb it properly.

I will take this into consideration, but since time is limited and I am a lazy bastard i might not get it done. Might take a look at the book recommended by jedishrfu and make my own list from there.

Thank you all, i think i got the answers i needed :)

-zebo

I want to second Ray Vickson's notion. That has personally worked for me. I make posters of general mathematics ideas and hang them in my room.

I've downloaded malmath app from play store & found it amazing

Related to Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily

What is "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily"?

"Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily" is an educational resource designed to help individuals understand and apply fundamental mathematical principles. It covers topics such as basic operations, algebra, geometry, and more.

Who can benefit from "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily"?

Anyone who wants to improve their understanding and skills in mathematics can benefit from "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily". It is suitable for students of all ages, as well as adults who may need a refresher on basic math concepts.

What makes "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily" different from other math resources?

"Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily" uses a unique approach that focuses on explaining the underlying principles behind mathematical concepts, rather than just teaching formulas and procedures. This helps individuals develop a deeper understanding and improve their problem-solving abilities.

Do I need any prior knowledge to use "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily"?

No, "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily" is designed for individuals with little to no prior knowledge of math. It starts with basic concepts and gradually builds upon them, making it suitable for beginners.

Is "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily" suitable for self-study?

Yes, "Math Rules: Learn Essential Math Principles Easily" is designed for self-study. It includes clear explanations, examples, and practice problems for each concept, making it easy to learn at your own pace. However, it can also be used as a supplement to classroom learning.