Math App: Solve Problems Step-by-Step

• Thread starter duhfewcha6
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Application
In summary, the individual is looking for a math program or application that can help them with homework and solve problems step by step. They are open to suggestions and appreciate the benefits of using such programs, but also recognize the importance of mastering the basics through practice. They mention a website with good examples for problem solving, but acknowledge that a teacher is still the best resource. They also mention finding old math textbooks with solved problems at a book fair for a low cost.
duhfewcha6
i was wandering if there is like a math program/application that can help me with math problems like homework and all. i need something that can solve a problem for me or help me step by step?
any ideas
thanks a bunch!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
That's a double edged sword! A competent math program like MuPAD will certainly let you cover a lot more territory in a short time. However, if you haven't mastered the basics, which you learn by DOING, then simply seeing more answers won't really help you master the basics in the long run. Used properly, such programs can be of great benefit.

As said before, nothing is quite as good as trying to solve the problem yourself. There are a lot of programs which solve things and that is good for checking answers, but that's all computer programs are really good for (until you get a lot more advanced).

If you’re in the U.K (and you probably look up the needed stuff if you live in any other country) then www.mathsnet.net has a lot of good examples for almost any problems from early school to A Level with step by step on how to solve. But really it's no substitute for a teacher.

All the old math textbooks I have, have the problems solved in steps. Like 60's-70's Schaum's Outline Series (MGH).

Only a doller each at a book fair too! Why people throw away textbooks is a mystery.

Related to Math App: Solve Problems Step-by-Step

1. What is the purpose of the "Math App: Solve Problems Step-by-Step"?

The purpose of this math app is to help users solve math problems step-by-step by providing a clear and detailed explanation of the problem-solving process.

2. How does the app solve math problems?

The app uses algorithms and mathematical formulas to solve math problems step-by-step, breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps.

3. Is the app suitable for all levels of math?

Yes, the app is designed to be useful for users of all levels of math, from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus.

4. Can the app solve word problems?

Yes, the app is capable of solving word problems by converting them into mathematical equations and then solving them step-by-step.

5. Is the app free to use?

The basic version of the app is free to use, but there may be additional features or a premium version available for purchase.